Poor defending saw Brentford slip to a disappointing 1-0 defeat to Leyton Orient at the Matchroom Stadium.

In a match moved to Thursday night to accommodate the Sky Sports cameras, Brentford dominated at times and enjoyed far more chances, yet proved unable to find the back of the net.

Orient threatened first when they beat the offside trap down the right and a cross into the box was met by Lee Cook who saw his shot blocked.

Brentford's first chance saw Adam Forshaw curl a free kick from the right side of the box round the wall and into the hands of Ryan Allsop.

Clayton Donaldson latched onto a ball down the right but his early attempted lob was easily held by Allsop.

After another Bees break, the ball was half cleared to Toumani Diagouraga on the edge of the box but he shot wide.

Adam Forshaw picked the ball up outside the box and his attempted chip sailed just over the bar.

Five minutes before the break Lee Cook fired a free kick from wide on the left over the wall and wide of the left hand post.

Brentford opened the second half brightly, with Harry Forrester breaking down the left and seeing his dangerous cross cut out at the near post.

After Forrester was fouled outside the box, Jonathan Douglas saw his fiercely struck 25 yard free kick deflected off the wall and over the bar for a corner.

A quick break saw the Bees break out of defence with Forrester quickly finding Paul Hayes, whose shot was deflected for a corner.

A dangerous free kick from Jake Bidwell was then headed goal-wards by Harlee Dean and gathered by Allsop.

But Brentford’s defence was breached when a looping ball back into their box by Martin Rowlands fell to Ryan Brunt, who was able to turn and fire a low shot past Simon Moore.

After Shaleum Logan did well to skip past his marker wide on the right, his cross into the box was headed behind by substitute Farid El Alagui, as the Bees tried in vain to level the match.

Brentford: Moore, Logan, Craig, Dean, Bidwell; Forshaw (sub Adeyemi 74), Douglas, Diagouraga,  Forrester (sub Saunders 80); Hayes (sub El Alagui 80), Donaldson

Subs (not used): Gounet, Barron, Legge, O'Connor

Attendance: 3333 (508 Bees)

Man of the Match: Harry Forrester