Door steppers for Merton Council will be knocking on residents’ doors this week in a bid to get more people in the borough to recycle.
It follows the launch of Merton’s Mega Recycle campaign with cash prizes for individuals and communities as a reward for being green.
As part of the campaign, launched earlier this year, the callers will have packs including information on what and how to recycle and a pledge form so residents can sign up to the Mega Recycle challenge.
People taking part will be in with a chance to win hundreds of pounds for themselves and potentially thousands of pounds for their local community and schools.
The door steppers will also hand residents a sticker for their recycling boxes so the council’s recycling crews can see who wants to be part of Merton’s Mega Recycle.
Merton’s door steppers will be wearing hi-visibility vests with the Mega Recycle logo and residents should ask to see their photo identity badge which will have the person’s name and title as well as the Merton Council logo.
Everyone who signs up will be entered into the draw every month.
Eleven households will be randomly selected each month: one will win £250 and the other ten will win £100.
The council will be updating its leader boards on the website so everyone can track their progress.
Visit the website to find out more.
- 'World's most dangerous circus act' to be performed in Merton this month
- Here are Merton's marathon runners who will take to London's streets next weekend
- Four men jailed for more than 25 years for masked armed robbery
- Traditional country show to transform National Trust park over Bank Holiday weekend
- Do you know an outstanding young person who deserves recognition for going the extra mile?