Expect a knock on your door from Merton Council's recycle team
Door steppers for Merton Council will be knocking on residents’ doors this week in a bid to get more people in the borough to recycle.
It follows the launch of Merton’s Mega Recycle campaign with cash prizes for individuals and communities as a reward for being green.
As part of the campaign, launched earlier this year, the callers will have packs including information on what and how to recycle and a pledge form so residents can sign up to the Mega Recycle challenge.
People taking part will be in with a chance to win hundreds of pounds for themselves and potentially thousands of pounds for their local community and schools.
The door steppers will also hand residents a sticker for their recycling boxes so the council’s recycling crews can see who wants to be part of Merton’s Mega Recycle.
Merton’s door steppers will be wearing hi-visibility vests with the Mega Recycle logo and residents should ask to see their photo identity badge which will have the person’s name and title as well as the Merton Council logo.
Everyone who signs up will be entered into the draw every month.
Eleven households will be randomly selected each month: one will win £250 and the other ten will win £100.
The council will be updating its leader boards on the website so everyone can track their progress.
Visit the website to find out more.
- Police called to Wimbledon Village after reports of burglary - no suspect found
- Epsom and St Helier hospitals referred to Health Secretary over financial concerns
- Distressed children see 1,400 dead and dying fish in Cannon Hill Common lake
- Family raise money for Marie Curie nurses in charity run in memory of grandmother
- Police seize Rolex, Louboutins, cash and drugs in early morning raids - three arrested
Comments are closed on this article.