A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- Dog control orders in Merton parks could be imposed by the end of the year
- Wimbledon teenager among those to receive Mayor of London awards for dedication
- Hundreds enjoy fresh fruit and entertainment at fourth annual Fruit Day
- Male cyclist hit by car in London Road, Tooting
- Mother-of-two with leukaemia appeals for help in desperate bid for donor match