A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- Water stations, urinal bays and MP runners: The 2017 London Marathon in numbers
- Record number of runners to take on today's London Marathon
- Councils' £350k spend fighting Heathrow expansion 'doing taxpayers a favour'
- 'Monstrous' Merton Hall plans halted by councillors
- Fire in Colliers Wood started by sun rays