A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- Tougher rules on using mobile phones while driving come into force this week
- WEATHER: Thunderstorms and heavy rain to hit London as spring approaches
- Isis poses 'greatest terror threat since IRA London bombing campaign 40 years ago'
- TRAVEL: Signalling problem causing major delays to trains between Kingston and London Waterloo
- Thousands of children at schools across south London breathing dangerous toxic air