A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- Two missing girls last seen in Putney could be in Wimbledon
- Judge condemns Wandsworth Prison security after inmate imports machine guns from his cell
- Johnny Savile victim says she told mental health trust "14 times" before they did anything
- Jimmy Savile's brother raped woman and abused others while working at mental hospital
- Exactly where the Wimbledon Guardian stands on AFC Wimbledon stadium plans