A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- Nelson Health Centre construction reaches completion
- Fly-tipper second to be prosecuted after fence panel dump
- Author turns ‘administrative and emotional maelstrom’ of divorce into hilarious tale
- Residents and fans respond to Environment Agency report on AFC Wimbledon stadium plans
- Travel chaos after burst water main in rail tunnel