A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- Ten teens charged with causing actual bodily harm and intimidating a witness after lone teenage girl is knocked unconscious in Mitcham
- Hundreds of passengers donate to fund for judicial review of Government's handling of Southern rail franchise
- You can work in London and save £450,000 buying a home - but there's a catch
- 10 tips to protect your home as Met Police launches crackdown on burglars ahead of winter months
- Is south London's nightlife 'under attack'? Fabric closure sparks debate into the future of capital's clubs and bars