A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- The Ivy is coming to Wimbledon Village
- Stand and deliver: will standing up in the office revolutionise our work?
- Conservative Mayoral hopeful pledges to look into Lee Valley Park tax on South West London boroughs
- World and Olympic Champion track cyclist and jockey Victoria Pendleton saddled up in Wimbledon
- Captain America: Civil War - all the highlights from the London press conference