A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- Lost in Earlsfield: South West Trains bombarded with complaints over weekend bus replacement service
- No service is safe as council announces £32m of cuts - adult education first under threat
- Campaign to keep doctors' surgery on site three years after fight to stop closure
- Car blaze causes heavy traffic in Morden and St Helier
- Hurricane Gonzalo not expected to devastate south London and Surrey