A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- Prolific thief jailed for breaching ASBO after dawn visit to Mitcham
- Stars of award-winning BBC show Episodes hit by collapse of Wimbledon Studios
- Dog bites land five people a week in Epsom and St Helier A&Es
- Wimbledon violent burglary victim donates cash to medics who helped him back to health
- Who is your community champion? Award nominations now open