A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- Author Q&A: Jane Thynne on pre-war Nazi Germany and what she loves about living in Wimbledon
- Circle Housing needs more time to work on fraud investigation
- Things to do around Wimbledon this weekend (March 27 to March 29)
- Merton Civic Awards: 11-year-old weightlifter receives sporting achievement nomination
- Hotelier shot dead in St Lucia had received death threats, inquest hears