Car flipped on its side in Wimbledon Hill Road, at junction with Worple Road
A car flipped onto its side after crashing into a bell bollard in Wimbledon town centre.
Police were called to Wimbledon Hill Road at the junction with Worple Road at 1.20pm to reports of a collision.
A witness said the car was turning right into Wimbledon Hill Road when it crashed into the bollard.
The male driver was helped from the car by police, but did not suffer serious injuries.
It is understood no other cars were involved in the accident.
Traffic is being diverted from Worple Road near the junction as fire officers remove the car from the road.
Wimbledon Hill Road is closed both ways at Worple Road but was reopened by 4pm.
- Parents of cyclist killed in Raynes Park crash pay tribute to 'lovely, kind' son
- Police have released a CCTV image of a man they want to question about a sexual assault on Merton night bus
- Husband who assaulted wife at tram stop in Mitcham must do unpaid work and pay fine
- Missing Mitcham pensioner John Gilgeours found safe and well
- UPDATE: Police confirm woman hit by train was from Wimbledon
Comments are closed on this article.