A car flipped onto its side after crashing into a bell bollard in Wimbledon town centre.
Police were called to Wimbledon Hill Road at the junction with Worple Road at 1.20pm to reports of a collision.
A witness said the car was turning right into Wimbledon Hill Road when it crashed into the bollard.
The male driver was helped from the car by police, but did not suffer serious injuries.
It is understood no other cars were involved in the accident.
Traffic is being diverted from Worple Road near the junction as fire officers remove the car from the road.
Wimbledon Hill Road is closed both ways at Worple Road but was reopened by 4pm.
- BANK HOLIDAY WEATHER: Heatwave continues in London and south-east
- 'If they don’t realise it’s a low bridge now then they never will': New attempt to prevent crashes into infamous bridge
- Live blog: GCSE results day in Merton and Wandsworth
- Strictly professionals to open Wimbledon dance school with FREE open day
- London’s burning: Free events to mark 350 years since the Great Fire of London