A car flipped onto its side after crashing into a bell bollard in Wimbledon town centre.
Police were called to Wimbledon Hill Road at the junction with Worple Road at 1.20pm to reports of a collision.
A witness said the car was turning right into Wimbledon Hill Road when it crashed into the bollard.
The male driver was helped from the car by police, but did not suffer serious injuries.
It is understood no other cars were involved in the accident.
Traffic is being diverted from Worple Road near the junction as fire officers remove the car from the road.
Wimbledon Hill Road is closed both ways at Worple Road but was reopened by 4pm.
- Country music legend sentenced to 15 years in jail for rape and indecent assault
- UPDATED: Dead body on tracks causes train delays
- South Londoners making most of new hopper bus fare - especially these two routes
- Police's Halloween and Bonfire Night crime crackdown begins with warning to yobs
- London councils to make tough calls on services due to £2bn funding shortfall