A car flipped onto its side after crashing into a bell bollard in Wimbledon town centre.
Police were called to Wimbledon Hill Road at the junction with Worple Road at 1.20pm to reports of a collision.
A witness said the car was turning right into Wimbledon Hill Road when it crashed into the bollard.
The male driver was helped from the car by police, but did not suffer serious injuries.
It is understood no other cars were involved in the accident.
Traffic is being diverted from Worple Road near the junction as fire officers remove the car from the road.
Wimbledon Hill Road is closed both ways at Worple Road but was reopened by 4pm.
- Judy Garland's daughter to play her in new show with never-before-seen clips and interviews
- Bags of bullets, flares and heroin found at Merton home of courier fraudster who conned vulnerable people
- Regeneration: Housing association reveals financial offers to nearly 1,000 people affected by regeneration
- Hospital car parking charges set to rise as part of year of "unpopular decisions" at Epsom and St Helier
- School boy raises cash for cancer with cakes