A car flipped onto its side after crashing into a bell bollard in Wimbledon town centre.
Police were called to Wimbledon Hill Road at the junction with Worple Road at 1.20pm to reports of a collision.
A witness said the car was turning right into Wimbledon Hill Road when it crashed into the bollard.
The male driver was helped from the car by police, but did not suffer serious injuries.
It is understood no other cars were involved in the accident.
Traffic is being diverted from Worple Road near the junction as fire officers remove the car from the road.
Wimbledon Hill Road is closed both ways at Worple Road but was reopened by 4pm.
- Tributes to teenage girl fatally hit by a truck on her way home from college one year ago today
- Interview: Diverse arts festival with everything from Greek comedy to puppets starts today
- Family 'gutted' after thief steals charity box used to raise money for cancer charities in memory of much-loved bus driver
- Two men shot at after group of men armed with baseball bats chase car
- PICTURES: £12m health centre opens in Wimbledon