A car flipped onto its side after crashing into a bell bollard in Wimbledon town centre.
Police were called to Wimbledon Hill Road at the junction with Worple Road at 1.20pm to reports of a collision.
A witness said the car was turning right into Wimbledon Hill Road when it crashed into the bollard.
The male driver was helped from the car by police, but did not suffer serious injuries.
It is understood no other cars were involved in the accident.
Traffic is being diverted from Worple Road near the junction as fire officers remove the car from the road.
Wimbledon Hill Road is closed both ways at Worple Road but was reopened by 4pm.
- Olympic star wants people to get on with their neighbours swimmingly
- Witness appeal after naked man 'watching children play' jumps out of bush in Morden Hall Park
- 'Almighty row' at community meeting as sparks fly over plans for new school
- PICTURES: Cowboys spotted riding horses around London
- Autumnal equinox: When and what is it?