A car flipped onto its side after crashing into a bell bollard in Wimbledon town centre.
Police were called to Wimbledon Hill Road at the junction with Worple Road at 1.20pm to reports of a collision.
A witness said the car was turning right into Wimbledon Hill Road when it crashed into the bollard.
The male driver was helped from the car by police, but did not suffer serious injuries.
It is understood no other cars were involved in the accident.
Traffic is being diverted from Worple Road near the junction as fire officers remove the car from the road.
Wimbledon Hill Road is closed both ways at Worple Road but was reopened by 4pm.
- Severe weather warning issued for London
- 'It's just your worst nightmare': Daughter of Morden couple killed in Tunisia terror attack pays tribute to parents
- 'We are so in awe of him': Tributes paid to young doctor who raised over £100,000 for charity after cancer diagnosis
- Speeding laws are changing - and the punishments are about to get tougher
- South West services delayed by up to an hour after person hit by train