A car flipped onto its side after crashing into a bell bollard in Wimbledon town centre.
Police were called to Wimbledon Hill Road at the junction with Worple Road at 1.20pm to reports of a collision.
A witness said the car was turning right into Wimbledon Hill Road when it crashed into the bollard.
The male driver was helped from the car by police, but did not suffer serious injuries.
It is understood no other cars were involved in the accident.
Traffic is being diverted from Worple Road near the junction as fire officers remove the car from the road.
Wimbledon Hill Road is closed both ways at Worple Road but was reopened by 4pm.
- Neighbours pay tribute to south London pensioner who was fifth person to die after Westminster terror attack
- Greyhound chief accuses Merton Council of 'political opportunism' ahead of Wimbledon Stadium's final dog race before demolition
- Weekend weather: Sunny skies ahead for the capital
- VIDEO: Armed police called after man shot in Mitcham
- Should the ban on grammar schools be lifted?