Firearms incident shuts Wimbledon Station - two arrested as police hunt man who fled scene
A firearms incident near to Wimbledon station caused police to temporarily shut down the station.
British Transport Police (BTP) and firearms officers were called the station at 4.27pm on Sunday, April 6.
There are no reports shots were fired or anyone was injured.
Police said two suspects, both 18-years-old, are in custody.
A third man had fled the scene before police arrived and officers are investigating to establish his whereabouts.
Wimbledon station reopened at about 6pm.
- Journeys to be disrupted as London Bridge station closes for a week
- "You would not do it at home, so do not do it here."- say Merton Council
- Vandalised trees worth hundreds of pounds to be replaced
- Six-year-old book worm completes library reading challenge
- GCSE results in Merton 'record-breaking' in spite of changes to make exams harder
Comments are closed on this article.