TV presenter Katy Hill joins Wimbledon children for World Book Day
Batman, a fairy and a pirate joined former Blue Peter presenter Katy Hill and the gruffalo in Merton in aid of World Book Day.
The children dressed up as their favourite book characters with mum-of-two Katy Hill, who read extracts from the popular book The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson.
Michael Bradley, headteacher of Merton Abbey Primary School, said: "This is a great opportunity for our children as it captures the joy and excitement of books."
Katy said: "I love World Book Day and it provides a great way to show children the magical world of reading."
The national World Book Day was on Thursday, March 6.
- The Specials who kept calm and carried on regardless
- Police called to Wimbledon Village after reports of burglary - no suspect found
- Epsom and St Helier hospitals referred to Health Secretary over financial concerns
- Distressed children see 1,400 dead and dying fish in Cannon Hill Common lake
- Family raise money for Marie Curie nurses in charity run in memory of grandmother
Comments are closed on this article.