Firefighters rushed to put out a fire in a flat during rush hour yesterday.
Wimbledon fire station was called at 5.57pm on Tuesday, March 4, to a second-floor flat at Viscount Point, 199 The Broadway.
Fire officers sent four standard engines, sixteen firefighters and a special fire engine with a higher platform to quench the burning flames.
After initial fears someone was trapped inside, firefighters discovered there was no one in the building.
Firefighters put out the blaze in just over half an hour, containing the blaze to one room which suffered 25 per cent damage.
No-one was injured and the cause of the fire is not yet known.
Buses were diverted during the blaze but returned to normal routes by 7.30pm.
- Family business Gerrys of Wimbledon to become furniture store Neptune this summer
- Schoolboy aims to beat his £700 cake sale record to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Jeremy Hunt offers pause on junior doctors contract imposition
- Man trespasses on train tracks at Wimbledon Station to 'retrieve a lost ball'
- UPDATED: Vauxhall fire continues to cause travel chaos across south London