Flat bursts into flames in Wimbledon Broadway
Firefighters rushed to put out a fire in a flat during rush hour yesterday.
Wimbledon fire station was called at 5.57pm on Tuesday, March 4, to a second-floor flat at Viscount Point, 199 The Broadway.
Fire officers sent four standard engines, sixteen firefighters and a special fire engine with a higher platform to quench the burning flames.
After initial fears someone was trapped inside, firefighters discovered there was no one in the building.
Firefighters put out the blaze in just over half an hour, containing the blaze to one room which suffered 25 per cent damage.
No-one was injured and the cause of the fire is not yet known.
Buses were diverted during the blaze but returned to normal routes by 7.30pm.
- Thousands celebrate Eid at Baithul Futuh Mosque in Morden
- Man arrested for 'threatening to shoot drinking partners'
- Man charged with raping 14-year-old girl in Wandle Park is remanded in custody
- Free school secures funding less than two months before start of term
- Garden centre prepares to close as National Trust indicates takeover
Comments are closed on this article.