Firefighters rushed to put out a fire in a flat during rush hour yesterday.
Wimbledon fire station was called at 5.57pm on Tuesday, March 4, to a second-floor flat at Viscount Point, 199 The Broadway.
Fire officers sent four standard engines, sixteen firefighters and a special fire engine with a higher platform to quench the burning flames.
After initial fears someone was trapped inside, firefighters discovered there was no one in the building.
Firefighters put out the blaze in just over half an hour, containing the blaze to one room which suffered 25 per cent damage.
No-one was injured and the cause of the fire is not yet known.
Buses were diverted during the blaze but returned to normal routes by 7.30pm.
- Thugs guilty of community centre murder after brutally attacking father-of-two sitting quietly at computer
- Tennis club 'shocked' by courts closure
- Controversial charity wins right to open secondary school in Merton
- Multi-vehicle crash closes two lanes on A3 Surrey-bound at Tolworth
- Delicious cheesecake crowned winner at Harvest Festival