Flat bursts into flames in Wimbledon Broadway
Firefighters rushed to put out a fire in a flat during rush hour yesterday.
Wimbledon fire station was called at 5.57pm on Tuesday, March 4, to a second-floor flat at Viscount Point, 199 The Broadway.
Fire officers sent four standard engines, sixteen firefighters and a special fire engine with a higher platform to quench the burning flames.
After initial fears someone was trapped inside, firefighters discovered there was no one in the building.
Firefighters put out the blaze in just over half an hour, containing the blaze to one room which suffered 25 per cent damage.
No-one was injured and the cause of the fire is not yet known.
Buses were diverted during the blaze but returned to normal routes by 7.30pm.
- No service on District Line from Putney Bridge to Wimbledon and severe delays from Edgware Road
- Lightning strike at a Morden pharmacy 'sounded like a bomb going off'
- Man jailed for burgling Wimbledon delicatessen
- Lightning strike causes massive train disruption
- 25-year-old man charged with possession of cannabis after early morning drugs raid
Comments are closed on this article.