Firefighters rushed to put out a fire in a flat during rush hour yesterday.
Wimbledon fire station was called at 5.57pm on Tuesday, March 4, to a second-floor flat at Viscount Point, 199 The Broadway.
Fire officers sent four standard engines, sixteen firefighters and a special fire engine with a higher platform to quench the burning flames.
After initial fears someone was trapped inside, firefighters discovered there was no one in the building.
Firefighters put out the blaze in just over half an hour, containing the blaze to one room which suffered 25 per cent damage.
No-one was injured and the cause of the fire is not yet known.
Buses were diverted during the blaze but returned to normal routes by 7.30pm.
- Elderly dementia sufferer 'roughly handled' and bruised at care home, report finds
- Womble calls on people to help make Christmas special for boy with cancer
- Police officers chase and catch 'knife-man' as he flees dock
- Young All England Club tennis stars honoured at glitzy awards
- Promising teen singer releases single to raise money for homeless in Merton this Christmas