Culture vultures rejoice, the Colliers Wood Spring Festival is returning to Merton this weekend.
Headlining this year’s event are seven-piece folk rockers Gypsy Fever, who performed at both Bestival and Secret Garden Party last year.
Also topping the bill is Ryan Campbell-Birch, one of the UK’s leading tap dancers who has appeared on Sky 1’s Got to Dance.
The festival runs from Saturday March 1 until Sunday May 18 and will also include a wide variety of activities for adults and children, ranging from cookery classes to interactive theatre.
In addition, all festival goers are encouraged to take part in a borough-wide photography competition.
Now in its third year, the festival is supported by Merton Council’s Arts Development Fund.
Councillor Nick Draper, cabinet member for community and culture, said: "The festival is unique in Merton. It brings together the best of arts and music, for young and old."
The majority of events take place at weekends during the eleven week period but also on the occasional weeknight evening, including poetry and painting workshops.
Coun Draper said: "It’s either free or priced to suit most pockets."
For a full programme of events and ticketing info, visit the website.
- UPDATE: Man dies after being hit by train at Queenstown Road station
- This woman REALLY doesn’t like wheelie bins and here’s her alternative plan
- Properties evacuated after fire breaks out above shop
- Runner helping exhausted athlete over finishing line 'is what London Marathon is all about'
- Water stations, urinal bays and MP runners: The 2017 London Marathon in numbers