Asbestos-hit Provenance pub in Colliers Wood closes down after less than a year in business
The Provenance pub in Colliers Wood is closing less than a year after it opened.
Antic Pubs took over the High Street pub last May but said owner, Punch Taverns, is selling the property after asbestos, broken glass, fencing and detergents were found in the garden.
Damian McFadden, a fund manager who lives close to the pub, said: "The local community is just starting to gather a bit of steam so it is sad to see the pub closing."
Peter Lord, Colliers Wood resident and Conservative candidate for the ward, said: "I'm a bit shocked at what's happening. I think residents should have a say on it. I would absolutely support a campaign to keep our local pub."
Antic would not say when the pub was closing or how many staff will lose their jobs.
- 25-year-old man charged with possession of cannabis after early morning drugs raid
- Robber behind bars after 'appalling level of violence' against mum in the street
- Updated: Young man freed from under car after leg trapped in second collision in Kingston Road, Raynes Park
- Brave employee nominated by colleagues leads athletes at Sainsbury's Anniversary Games in London
- The Specials who kept calm and carried on regardless
Comments are closed on this article.