Asbestos-hit Provenance pub in Colliers Wood closes down after less than a year in business
The Provenance pub in Colliers Wood is closing less than a year after it opened.
Antic Pubs took over the High Street pub last May but said owner, Punch Taverns, is selling the property after asbestos, broken glass, fencing and detergents were found in the garden.
Damian McFadden, a fund manager who lives close to the pub, said: "The local community is just starting to gather a bit of steam so it is sad to see the pub closing."
Peter Lord, Colliers Wood resident and Conservative candidate for the ward, said: "I'm a bit shocked at what's happening. I think residents should have a say on it. I would absolutely support a campaign to keep our local pub."
Antic would not say when the pub was closing or how many staff will lose their jobs.
- Council wins Judicial Review over expansion of Dundonald Primary School
- Therapist to share groundbreaking work on Tamil depression at South Africa conference
- Oxygen pumps 'not solution to bigger problem' at Cannon Hill Common lake after 2,000 fish died
- Celebrity music mogul Mervyn Conn arrested in connection with historic rape and sexual assault allegations
- University student to scale Kilimanjaro for children's charity
Comments are closed on this article.