Firefighters were called to a commercial garage this morning after a fire broke out in the workshop.
Following an emergency call at 1am, four crews rushed to TA Central Autos, in Central Road, Morden, to extinguish the blaze.
Firefighters struggled to open the roll shutter and access the fire, but put out the blaze in 25 minutes once they were inside.
No one was injured but a fifth of the building was damaged as well as two cars.
Firefighters are investigating the cause of the fire.
- Police search River Wandle for guns after cars stopped by armed police
- ‘It’s OAP’s 11’ – The Hatton Garden Job's director and producer tell us what to expect from the film
- This is how to beat the deadly effect of sitting at a desk all day - and, no, it's not the gym
- Lloyds Bank to close 200 branches and cut 3,000 jobs after Brexit fallout
- Weather: A sunny start with rain to follow