Police have named the 34-year-old man found hanged on Mitcham Common last week.
Tomasz Michal Wujciow, from Poland, was discovered by a park warden at Seven Islands Pond on Wednesday, January 22.
London Ambulance Service rushed a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew and a duty officer to the scene at 11.45am, but Mr Wujciow was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after noon.
An inquest has opened at Wandsworth and Merton Coroner's office, but police are not treating his death as suspicious.
Mr Wujciow's next of kin has been informed.
Did you know Mr Wujciow? Please contact the newsdesk on email@example.com or call 020 8722 6335.
- Vulnerable missing man found safe and well
- Riders take to the saddle in fancy dress to raise tens of thousands of pounds for charity
- Police search for dementia sufferer missing from care home
- Calls for Putney and Wimbledon commons tax refund after boundaries based on 1915 map
- Best bloomin' gardens in the borough named by Merton Council