Police raids in Mitcham have resulted in the recovery of 13 stolen bikes, with one worth over £1000 being reunited with its owner.
Officers arrested a 20-year-old man and a 38-year-old woman after recovering the bikes from their garage on Phipps Bridge Estate this morning.
Police were able to track down John Sawyer, owner of the valuable racing bike, because he had recorded his bike's frame number when he reported the theft.
Mr Sawyer, from Colliers Wood, said: "I am so happy the local police have found my bike. When my bike was stolen I never expected to see it again. I can't thank Mitcham police enough for their efforts in reuniting me with my property."
Sergeant Steve Burke and four police cluster teams were up at 6am executing warrants to crack down on theft in Mitcham.
If you suspect that criminal activity is taking place in your area, contact police on 101. You can also find out about local policing by following @MPSMitchamSgt for regular crime updates.
- Medieval jousting is coming to Wimbledon
- 'The glue of my family is now gone': Daughter of dry cleaner killed by carbon monoxide tells court
- In pictures: Health and fitness celebrations for the bank holiday in Mitcham
- David Dean suspended from Conservative Party for allegedly saying Sadiq Khan will treat white people "like dirt"
- Kettles, fridges and even frying pans – the innovative smart tech that could simplify our life