Mitcham girl with leukaemia parties with Ron Weasley in Downing Street
A seriously ill girl from Mitcham attended a party at Downing Street hosted by MP George Osborne.
Ingrid Wanyonyi was invited to the Starlight Children’s Christmas Party at No 11 Downing Street, on Monday, December 9.
The 11-year-old has been suffering with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia - an aggressive form of cancer.
Forty seriously and terminally ill children were invited to the party which was attended celebrities including Chelsea FC’s Frank Lampard, Christine Bleakley, Spice Girl Geri Halliwell, Harry Potter actor Rupert Grint and the X Factor’s Diana Vickers.
The national charity grants wishes for seriously and terminally ill children and provides entertainment in hospitals and hospices across the UK.
Emma Samms, actress and Starlight co-founder, said: "The Starlight Children's Christmas Party at No 11 Downing Street is one of the highlights of the charity’s Christmas programme and we are enormously grateful to the Chancellor of the Exchequer and his team for hosting this event for a fourth year.
"It is an opportunity for our young guests to escape the confines of the hospital ward for an afternoon and the chance to enjoy some festive fun with their families."
- Man who drove across level crossing let off with absolute discharge
- TV presenter Katy Hill joins Wimbledon children for World Book Day
- Merton confirms council tax freeze - parties clash over budget
- Death-trap bedsits landlord fined £25,000
- Health bosses refuse to support mental health trust's foundation trust application
Comments are closed on this article.