Victim sees 'selfie' of stranger taken on his stolen iPhone
Police are appealing for help identifying a man who took this ‘selfie’ on a stolen smartphone and unwittingly shared it with its owner.
The theft took place on Saturday, September 28, at the car park in Grand Drive in Raynes Park between 1.30pm to 3.30pm while the victim played a football match.
During that time someone removed his car's passenger lock and stole three holdalls from the boot as well as an iPhone 5.
The phone was linked to the victim’s iCloud storage facility allowing him to see pictures taken with the phone after it was stolen including this ‘selfie’ of an unknown male.
Police are now appealing to the public to help identify the man who they wish to speak to in connection with the theft.
Anyone with information on the man’s identity should call Wimbledon Police via the '101' quoting picture reference 135493. Alternatively you can call Crime Stoppers 0800 555 111 anonymously.
- Post mortem examinations to take place into New Malden child deaths
- New Merton Park free school site will not be ready this September
- New political party wants Mitcham 'independence'
- 'Interesting buildings' lost as new housing sweeps through Merton
- Unique Merton pictures from last 150 years in online archive
Comments are closed on this article.