American actress Vanessa Hudgens swapped Mayfair for Mitcham yesterday in a surprising visit to a curry house.
The 24-year-old arrived at Chak 89 in Bond Road, Mitcham on Tuesday, July 23, having walked the red carpet at the London premiere of her new film Frozen Ground earlier in the evening.
She is said to have enjoyed a chicken tikka and saag alloo.
The US actress rose to fame in hit Disney franchise High School Musical alongside Zac Efron who she dated before breaking up in 2010.
Frank Khalid, managing director of Chak 89, said: "It’s an absolute pleasure to be well recognised by and A list celebrity like Vanessa Hudgens and to attract her to come all the way to Mitcham at Chak 89, because of our food and hospitality."
- No service is safe as council announces £32m of cuts - adult education first under threat
- Car blaze causes heavy traffic in Morden and St Helier
- Hurricane Gonzalo not expected to devastate south London and Surrey
- Anti-slavery campaigners take to Merton streets to spread their word
- Grandparents the star of a new early years production