A woman arrested after a Land Rover crashed into an end-of-term tea party at a London prep school killing two children has been re-bailed until the end of September, the Metropolitan Police said.

The 46-year-old was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after the incident at The Study Prep School in Camp Road, Wimbledon, south-west London, on July 6.

Eight-year-olds Nuria Sajjad and Selena Lau both died after the collision.

A total of 16 people were injured from the incident.

The Met said on Friday morning: “A 46-year-old woman from Wimbledon returned from bail on Thursday July 20.

“She has been re-bailed to return at the end of September.”

The force said no other victims remain in hospital, and detectives from the Met’s Serious Collision investigation Unit continue to investigate.

Selena’s family released a statement which said: "Selena was an intelligent and cheeky girl adored and loved by everyone. The family wishes their privacy to be respected at this sad time".

In a statement, Nuria’s family described her as kind, joyful and generous, and thanked the staff at St George’s Hospital, fellow parents and school staff for their support.

Their full statement said: “It is with profound sorrow that we announce the passing of our beloved Nuria on Sunday, 9 July 2023. Nuria was the light of our lives.

“She embodied joy, kindness and generosity and she was loved by all around her.

“We would like to thank the efforts of the emergency services, all the extraordinary staff at St George’s Hospital, the parents of Nuria’s class fellows and staff of the Study Prep for all they have done to ease Nuria’s journey.

“We request that our privacy is respected at this difficult time.”

Detective Chief Superintendent Clair Kelland said: "It is difficult to imagine the pain and upset the families of those involved are going through and we will do all we can to support them as our investigation continues.

"I know the impact of this tragic incident is also being felt in the wider community and we are working with our partners to ensure the appropriate support is in place.

"This was the largest local policing deployment in South-West London since 2017 and our officers, along with members of the other emergency services, were met with a challenging and traumatic scene.

"I understand many people will want answers about how this happened and there is a team of detectives working to establish the circumstances.

“I would ask the community to avoid speculating on a possible cause whilst these enquiries are carried out."