ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT0466101
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A214 GLA ROAD (WOODWELL STREET, LONDON BOROUGH OF WANDSWORTH) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2018
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1), (5), (7) and 15(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and is satisfied that these works will last in excess of 18 months for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable development works to take place works to take place on East Hill.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) Entering, exiting, proceeding or stopping on Woodwell Street between its junctions with Huguenot Place and East Hill;
(2) Stopping in the Loading bay outside No. 94 Huguenot Place.
The Order will close the footway on Woodwell Street between its junctions with Huguenot Place and East Hill.
The Order will be effective at certain times from 7:00 AM on the 5th March 2018 until the works have been completed. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via Huguenot Place and East Hill to normal route of travel.
6. The Order will be revoked upon completion of these works. Dated this 1 st day of February 2018
Director of Network Management,
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
TRANSPORT 1 FOR LONDON