ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT0423989
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - CARRIAGEWAY RESURFACING WORKS LAVENDER HILL
1. The Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate carriageway resurfacing works they intend to make an Order, the effect of which would be to introduce a temporary prohibition of traffic in Lavender Hill.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed or wait in Lavender Hill, between its junction with Latchmere Road / Elspeth Road and its junction with Queenstown Road / Cedars Road.
3. Alternative routes for vehicles will be available, as indicated by traffic signs.
4. The Order will come into operation on 19th January 2018 and will remain in force for a maximum of 18 months or until the works are completed. The restrictions would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
5. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
6. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8871 6686.
Dated this fourth day of January 2018
Town Hal Paul Martin
Wandsworth Chief Executive