ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MFN0631555
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate highway maintenance, improvement schemes, gulley cleansing and/or asset operations and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect Friday 19 November 2021 and will remain in force for 18 months.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will in any road or any length of road, for which the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames are the highway authority temporarily:-
- prohibit vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering, exiting stopping or proceeding;
- introduce 'at any time' 'no waiting' and 'no loading' restrictions in those areas of parking and loading bays and where any single yellow line restrictions exist; and
- introduce or suspend any one-way working and/or any traffic restrictions as deemed necessary.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst any temporary restriction and/or prohibition is in place will be via local roads as appropriately signed.
5. Vehicle access to properties adjacent to the temporary restricted and/or prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works. A period of 14 days advance notice will be given prior to any prohibition or restriction taking place.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated 22 October 2021
Group Manager - Highways & Transport