ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MFN0631557
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames hereby gives notice that to facilitate a new water service connection and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 25 October 2021 with works expected to take 5 days to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 3 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will in Thornhill Road, between its junctions with (A243) Hook Road and Malvern Road temporarily :-
4. Prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting; and introduce waiting restrictions - no waiting 'at any time' and loading restrictions - no loading 'at any time' for those areas of parking and loading bays and where any single yellow line restriction exists.
5. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the prohibition is in place will be either via:-
- Thornhill Road, Douglas Road, (A240) Ewell Road and Ditton Road;
- (A243) Hook Road, Ditton Road, (A240) Ewell Road and Douglas Road and vice versa; or
- Tolworth Road, Thornhill Avenue and vice versa
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Mervyn Bartlett, Group Manager - Highways & Transport.
Dated: 21 October 2021