Transport for London Public NoticeNotice ID: SUT1988869
Transport for London Public Notice
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A24 GLA ROAD (LONDON ROAD, LONDON BOROUGHS OF SUTTON AND MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2021
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable resurfacing works to take place on A24 London Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from entering, exiting, stopping and proceeding on London Road between its junctions with Staines Avenue and Garth Road.
Local access will be maintained on
(1) A24 London Road/Epsom Road/Stonecot Hill between its junctions with Garth Road and the circulatory system at the junction of London Road/A24 Morden Road/A297 Morden Hall Road known as Morden Road Roundabout;
(2) London Road between its junctions with Staines Avenue and A240 Ewell By-Pass.
The Order will be effective at certain times from the 8th February 2021 until the 31 st August 2021 every night between 9:00 PM and 5:00 AM or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1 ) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via Ewell By-Pass, A232 Cheam Road, A232 Ewell Road, A232 High Street, A217 St Dunstan's Hill, A217 Oldfields Road, A217 Reigate Avenue, A297 St Helier Avenue and Morden Hall Road or reverse and return to normal route of travel.
Dated this 4th day of February 2021
Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON