ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 ELECTRIC VEHICLE RECHARGING POINTSNotice ID: SUT1971353
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 ELECTRIC VEHICLE RECHARGING POINTS
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton made the following Orders on 11 January 2021 under sections 6, 45, 46 and 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended -
(a) The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 40) Order 2021; and
(b) The Sutton (Charged For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 40) Order 2021.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to introduce a recharging point at each of the locations below which would be available for electric vehicles only "at any time", without charge, provided that the vehicle is connected to the recharging post at all times while it is left at the recharging point, for a maximum stay of 1 hour, no return within 2 hours:-
- Central Road outside Nos. 159 and 161 with the existing loading bay and adjacent free parking bay being shortened; and
- London Road, Hackbridge outside No. 1 to 68 Saxon House, 170 London Road, Hackbridge with the existing free parking bay being shortened.
3. Copies of the Orders, which will come into force on 18 January 2021 and of the Orders that will be revoked or amended by these Orders, the Council's Statement of Reasons for making the Orders and plans showing the locations and the effects of the Orders may be inspected at the Council's Civic Offices, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1EA between 9am and 5pm on Monday to Friday.
4. If any person wishes to question the validity of these Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds that they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of the said Act of 1984 or of any instrument made under the said Act of 1984 has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, apply for the purpose to the High Court.
Group Manager, Highways and Transport Dated: 14 January 2021