ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 THE A24 GLA ROAD (MORDEN ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021Notice ID: SUT1971619
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A24 GLA ROAD (MORDEN ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021
1. Transport for London in consultation with the London Borough of Merton hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable resurfacing works to take place on Morden Road/Jubilee Way.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering or exiting Jubilee Way at its junction with Morden Road;
(2) proceeding on Jubilee Way in a westerly direction between its junctions with Lee Road and Morden Road. Local access to be maintained.
The Order will be effective at certain times from 8:00 AM on 26th January 2021 until 6:00 PM on 31st March 2021 or when those works have been completed, whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs. For access to Morden Road via Jubilee Way eastbound, Deer Park Road to normal route of travel. For access to Jubilee Way via Lombard Road and Deer Park Road to normal route of travel.
Dated this 14th day of January 2021 Jennifer Melbourne
Planning and Performance Manager (South)
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ