LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1741879
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton with the agreement of Transport for London hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate a site safety compound to enable gas works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 8 June 2020, with works expected to take 5 weeks to complete. However the Order will remain in force for 6 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily in Burleigh Road between its junction with (A24) Stonecot Hill and Haslam Avenue:-
? prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting; and
? introduce waiting restrictions - 'no waiting at any time' and loading restrictions - 'no loading at any time' (including suspension of parking bays).
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the prohibition is in place will be:-
? northeast via (A24) Stonecot Hill, Ridge Road, Beeches Road and vice versa; or
? southwest via (A24) Stonecot Hill, Ash Road and vice versa.
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. j*---v
Group Manager - Highways & Transport.
Dated 4 June 2020