London Borough of Merton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT1571482
London Borough of Merton Public Notices
Alexandra Road, between Wimbledon Hill Road and the south-western
boundary of No. 45 Alexandra Road
Lake Road, between Woodside and a point 22.6 metres south-west of Helme Close Leeward Gardens Pine Grove St Marks Place
St Mary's Road; between Woodside and No. 60 St Mary's Road; Wimbledon Hill Road, the north-east side, between No. 81 Wimbledon Hill Road inclusive and Wimbledon Bridge Woodside, between Wimbledon Hill Road Parkwood Road Worcester Road
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
ARTHUR ROAD, WIMBLEDON (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2020
1. The Council of the London Borough of Merton hereby give notice that to facilitate crane operations at the Wimbledon Park Station in Arthur Road, they have made an Order, the effect of which will be to temporarily restrict vehicular and pedestrian traffic in the said road.
2. During the works no person will:-
(a) cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed or wait (including for the purpose of loading or unloading a vehicle) in Arthur Road, between its junction with Home Park Road and its junction with Melrose Avenue; or
(b) enter or proceed in the southern footway of Arthur Road between its junction with Melrose Avenue and the entrance to Wimbledon Park Station.
3. The restrictions will only apply during such times and to such extent as will from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4. Pedestrian access to properties adjacent to the restricted length of road will be maintained insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
5. Pedestrians affected by the footway closure should proceed via the footway opposite.
6. Vehicular traffic affected by the road closure should proceed using Durnsford Road, Gap Road, Strathearn Road and Home Park Road or vice^versa.
7. Nothing in the Order will apply to: -
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works; or
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a police community support officer in uniform; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
8. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
9. The Order will come into force on Saturday 25th January 2020 and remain in operation until 31st July 2020. Works will be carried out at night as indicated by signage.
Dated 23 January, 2020.
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON - PARKING PLACES FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING THE MERTON (PARKING PLACES) (ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING POINTS) (NO. *) ORDER 202*
THE MERTON (PARKING PLACES) (W1) (AMENDMENT NO. *) ORDER 202* THE MERTON (PARKING PLACES) (W3) (AMENDMENT NO. *) ORDER 202*
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Merton propose to make the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 47 and 124 of, and Part IV of Schedule 9 to, the Road Traffic
Regulation Act 1984, as amended and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the 'Electric Vehicle Charging Points' Order would be to:-
(a) designate parking places for rapid electric vehicle charging at the locations specified in the Schedule to this notice;
(b) specify that any parking place referred to above would be available for electric vehicles, only for a maximum stay of 1 hour, without parking charge, provided that any electric vehicle is connected to a charging post via a charging lead at all times while it is left in that parking place. Electric vehicles left at a parking place for electric vehicle charging would be able to return after two hours.
3. The general effect of the 'Parking Places Amendment' Orders would be to remove, or reduce or amend in length, certain parking places in The Broadway and Worple Road to accommodate the introduction of parking places designated for electric vehicle charging.
4. A copy of the proposed Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the Orders, including plans which indicate the lengths of roads to which the Orders relate can be inspected Monday to Friday during normal office hours at Merton Link, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey.
5. Any person desiring to comment on the proposed Orders should send a statement in writing of their representations or objections and the grounds thereof, to the Environment and Regeneration Department at the Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 5DX, or alternatively by email to
quoting reference ES/EVRAPID, no later than 21 February 2020.
Dated 23 January 2020.
THE BROADWAY, SW19, the north side, from a point 11 metres east of the western boundary of No. 162 The Broadway, eastward for a distance of 6 metres.
WORPLE ROAD, SW19, the north-west side, from a point 0.5 metres north-east of the south-western boundary of Nos. 11 to 17 Worple Road north-eastward for a distance of 6 metres.
PAUL MCGARRY futureMerton Manager London Borough of Merton
Telephone: 020 8274 4901
Merton Civic Centre London Road, Morden Surrey SM4 5DX