LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1318905
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton made the following Orders on 19 August 2019 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended -
(a) The Sutton (Prescribed Route) (One-Way) (No. 1) (Amendment No. 20) Order 2019;
(b) The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 19) Order 2019; and
(d) The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 19) Order 2019.
2. The general effect of the Orders will introduce the following:-
(a) reverse the oneway system applying to all vehicles in the following lengths of Anton Crescent, Sutton:
(i) to a south-east to north-west direction between its junctions with Northspur Road and the south-eastern arm of Anton Crescent; and
(ii) to a southwest to north-east direction, between its junctions with the north-eastern arm of Anton Crescent and its south-eastern junction with Collingwood Road;
(b) remove a certain length of double yellow line in Anton Crescent on the north-western side of the south-eastern arm;
(c) provide double yellow line 'at any time' waiting restrictions in certain lengths of:
(i) Anton Crescent on the south-eastern side of the south-eastern arm; and
(ii) Collingwood Road, Sutton; outside Nos. 123 to 133,155 to 159 and 265 to 267;
(d) revoke certain lengths of Permit Holders Parking Bays in Collingwood Road operating between 8.00am and 6.30pm on Mondays to Saturdays outside Nos. 114 and 116 and 162; and
(e) introduce new lengths of school keep clear Markings in Anton Crescent operating between "8am and 4pm Mondays to Fridays" inclusive outside Westbourne primary School.
3. Copies of the Orders, which will come into force on 2 September 2019 and of the Orders that will be revoked or amended by these Orders, the Council's Statement of Reasons for making the Orders and plans showing the locations and the effects of the Orders may be inspected at the Council's Environment, Housing and Regeneration Offices at 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Monday to Friday.
4. If any person wishes to question the validity of these Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds that they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of the said Act of 1984 or of any instrument made under the said Act of 1984 has not been complied with, that person may, within
S weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, apply for the purpose to the High Court
Group Manager Highways and Transport
Dated: 22 August 2019
Note: Persons responding to the Orders should be aware that the Council may be legally obliged to disclose the information provided to third parties
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate gas main replacement works and because these works are being executed on or near the road it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 26 August 2019, with works expected to take 6 months to complete. However the Order will remain in force for 12 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily:-
- Harrow Road between its junctions with Banstead Road and Oxford Road;
- Hill Road; and
- introduce waiting restrictions - 'no waiting at any time' and loading restrictions - 'no loading at any time' (including suspension of parking bays) in
- Harrow Road between its junction with Banstead Road and Oxford Road;
- Hill Road; and
- Park Hill between its junction with Carshalton Park Road and No. 90 Park Hill
Please note that the restrictions will be carried out in phases and the works area will be cleared for 1 day the holding of the 'Banstead Yulefest' on 6 December 2019.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the closures are for in force will be for:-
- Harrow Road, via Banstead Road, Cambridge Road, Wales Avenue, Oxford Road and vice versa; and
- Hill Road, via Banstead Road, Park Hill and vice versa.
5. Any vehicle that is in contravention of the temporary waiting & loading restrictions at a time when these restrictions apply will be removed to an alternative location in accordance with the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
6. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
7. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager - Highways & Transport. Dated: 22 August 2019
Issued by Mervyn Bartlett - Group Manager Highways and Transport - London Borough of Sutton