I sympathise with the reader who got trapped in the yellow box junction (Ticket woe, August 7).
This is a common occurrence when traffic suddenly stops.
The only way round it would be for every single driver to stop at the junction until the exit is clear, considering the number of these junctions, the whole of London would soon become gridlocked.
As for the fine, totally inappropriate for a minor slip, some worse offending criminals get off with just a caution.
- Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public meeting will give people the chance to air concerns about Rainbow Industrial Estate development in Raynes Park
- Nelson Health Centre construction reaches completion
- Fly-tipper second to be prosecuted after fence panel dump
- Author turns ‘administrative and emotional maelstrom’ of divorce into hilarious tale
- Residents and fans respond to Environment Agency report on AFC Wimbledon stadium plans