I sympathise with the reader who got trapped in the yellow box junction (Ticket woe, August 7).
This is a common occurrence when traffic suddenly stops.
The only way round it would be for every single driver to stop at the junction until the exit is clear, considering the number of these junctions, the whole of London would soon become gridlocked.
As for the fine, totally inappropriate for a minor slip, some worse offending criminals get off with just a caution.
- Send your letters to: email@example.com
- Christmas spirit has well and truly arrived at the Wimbledon Guild
- Volunteers dig deep to paint fences and plant flowers in the community
- Dig around in the Wandle: Treasure hunt events coming up
- Interview with Tiff Stevenson: the stand-up comedian talks feminism, the Kardashians and inspiration ahead of her Wimbledon show
- New chair of governors at school where headteacher and former chair left suddenly speaks out