I sympathise with the reader who got trapped in the yellow box junction (Ticket woe, August 7).
This is a common occurrence when traffic suddenly stops.
The only way round it would be for every single driver to stop at the junction until the exit is clear, considering the number of these junctions, the whole of London would soon become gridlocked.
As for the fine, totally inappropriate for a minor slip, some worse offending criminals get off with just a caution.
- Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wandsworth Council demand secretary of state intervenes over Plough Lane
- Theatre review: Branagh's a showstopper in The Entertainer in the West End
- Southern set to reintroduce a third of axed trains
- August is nearly over, but we're not done with the warm weather yet
- Car flips onto roof in St Helier Avenue, Morden