I sympathise with the reader who got trapped in the yellow box junction (Ticket woe, August 7).
This is a common occurrence when traffic suddenly stops.
The only way round it would be for every single driver to stop at the junction until the exit is clear, considering the number of these junctions, the whole of London would soon become gridlocked.
As for the fine, totally inappropriate for a minor slip, some worse offending criminals get off with just a caution.
- Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Man accused of plotting to join Al-Shabaab has 'spent years in mental health hospital'
- Road rage: have you been caught out by these temporary traffic lights getting stuck on red?
- 'Grateful to be alive' - says young woman attacked with brick by man disguised in burka
- Retired firefighters turn out to help house fire pensioner
- New Morden leisure centre one step closer as team appointed for £11m project