I sympathise with the reader who got trapped in the yellow box junction (Ticket woe, August 7).
This is a common occurrence when traffic suddenly stops.
The only way round it would be for every single driver to stop at the junction until the exit is clear, considering the number of these junctions, the whole of London would soon become gridlocked.
As for the fine, totally inappropriate for a minor slip, some worse offending criminals get off with just a caution.
- Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dog control orders in Merton parks could be imposed by the end of the year
- Wimbledon teenager among those to receive Mayor of London awards for dedication
- Hundreds enjoy fresh fruit and entertainment at fourth annual Fruit Day
- Male cyclist hit by car in London Road, Tooting
- Mother-of-two with leukaemia appeals for help in desperate bid for donor match