Molesey all but consigned themselves to another season in the Combined Counties Premier after a very lacklustre performance saw them lucky to even escape with a point, on a hugely disappointing afternoon at Walton Road.

After the defeat to Guildford and the midweek cup exit it seemed vitally important that Molesey take all three points to give themselves half a chance at promotion.

With an eye towards that goal and after the disappointing midweek extra time defeat Steve Webb made changes by giving Kieron Thomas and Reggie Savage league debuts as he tried to rescue Molesey's season.

The game started badly for the Moles and it was obvious that they weren't playing to their usual standard straight from the off.

It was a game of few chances but Badshot Lea had the first real effort in the 24th minute when Mark Peters forced Thomas into a good diving save.

The Moles were further hampered ten minutes later when Danny Coombes was forced off of the field with an injury to be replaced by Joe Pratley-Jones.

Badshot Lea continued their dominance of the game by forcing Thomas into another great one handed save five minutes before the interval.

Molesey finished the half well with Moses Spencer flicking a header wide and Sam Lampard having a shot tipped wide, but it was the visitors who would be more happy with the way the first half went.

The Moles fans would have been hoping for a reaction in the second half and they thought they might have been getting one when after just 19 seconds of the restart Reggie Savage found his way through but his effort was easily saved before Darius Heravi showed a total lack of composure as he skied the rebound.

Molesey were made to pay as well when in the 64th minute Joe Yeates went into a tackle and failed to win the ball giving Badshot Lea a penalty. Mark Peters stepped up and sent the 'keeper the wrong way to give the away side the lead.

The game went back to bed for the next fifteen minutes until the 80th minute when after defender Joe Yeates was replaced by striker Arnie Tawonezvi.

Just three minutes later Moses Spencer was given his marching orders after a second booking. The Moles captain then chose to watch the rest of the game from amongst the fans behind the goal.

Six minutes later the referee evened up the game by making it ten versus ten.

The Moles finally gave themselves something to cheer in the fourth minute of stoppage time when Arnold Tawonezvi finally scored his first goal of the season, with a tap following a goal mouth scramble.

The Moles aren't particularly helped by the point but will look to bounce back to winning ways on Tuesday when they host Hanworth Villa.