Molesey went into their game at the Meadowbank knowing that their two main rivals for the title were playing each other.

Molesey were six points behind the league leaders, Guildford and knew that today was a big chance to close the gap.

However the signs were ominous for the Moles when they struggled to hit their stride early on.

In fact it was Bookham who created the first chance in the 2nd minute when Bookhams David Francis forced Wester Young into a decent save low down.

Molesey then started finding their groove a bit more and an Ashley Lodge low cross was hit high and wide by Moses Spencer from just a yard out when it looked easier to score.

Just before the 20th minute Molesey were through again this time Lewis Ackerman was one on one with the 'keeper but his shot was tame and easily stopped.

Then Molesey were stunned. Luke Elliott missed a tackle allowing Bookham a lot of space for a cross.

The ball was floated to the back post where it was superbly turned in by David Francis having been forced to strike it on the voley from an awkward height.

This stunned the Moles, with the news that Cherstey were 2-0 up against Guildford, Molesey realised that the ball was in their court in terms of the title race.

But the signs were that this was going to be a frustrating game and Molesey struggled to find any form and were becoming increasingly desperate no matter how much the Molesey bench was appealing for calm.

The Moles were unable to fashion another chance before the half time whistle and it was up to the management to try and turn the teams fortunes around.

Molesey came out for the second half with a renewed vigour and immediately tried to force the play in the Bookham half.

The tempo of the game was broken though when after a succession of Molesey corners a Bookham player went down with a lot of blood forcing the game to be stopped for around 10 minutes while the player was checked on and patched up.

For all the pressure they were creating Molesey were struggling to find any real chances and were forced to rely on a big stroke of luck to find the equaliser.

In the 71st minute Joe Pratley-Jones hit a well struck shot from 20 yards that may have been going in but after hitting Lewis Ackerman it changed direction and went into the back of the net.

Molesey were sensing blood now and had a lot of time to find the winner. With news filtering through that Chertsey were now 3-0 up it was all eyes on the Moles.

But the Moles were struggling to break down a strong Bookham back line and were struggling to find any chances. The closest they came in the next 15 minutes was an Ashley Lodge shot deflected over from close range.

Molesey rolled the dice and brought on Anold Tawonezvi in an attempt to create more problems up front.

In the last minute of the game Molesey thought they had nicked the three points when a long throw in from Joe Pratley-Jones was headed in by Moses Spencer, but the linesman had raised his flag for a pull on the Bookham defenders shirt.

That was the last action and Molesey will look at this game as two points dropped, although with their poor performance it could end up being an important point gained.

With Guildford's loss, Molesey are now five points behind but Guildford have slipped up a lot in their last few games and even with the two points dropped from the Moles they are still well in the title race and with Molesey and Guildford still to meet at Walton Road the title race is well and truly on.