Molesey returned to action after their long unbeaten streak was finally ended on a cold and miserable day at Raynes Park Vale.

This time Molesey were paid a visit by Cove as the Moles looked to put their defeat behind them and hopefully take advantage of any Guildford slip up that may occur.

Molesey looked up for the game from kick off and quickly asserted themselves into dominance, it took Molesey 17 minutes to create their first goal scoring opportunity.

Darius Heravi was played through behind the Cove defence and although his first touch was good to set up a one on one opportunity, his second was a touch too heavy and allowed Gary Allsberry to come out and smother the chance.

From the resulting corner Sam Lampard found an inch of space but his header was tipped over the bar by Allsberry.

Six minutes later it was Sam Lampards turn to be denied from a one on one position but this time the corner was to develop into something a lot more dangerous.

The corner was whipped in and then in the melee the ball hit the bar and dropped on the line but in his panic to clear the ball David Johnston got his arms in the way and the referee pointed immediately to the penalty spot and, just as quickly, sent off the aforementioned player.

Luke Elliott stepped up to take the spot kick and showed great composure as he waited for the referee to blow the whistle. When the whistle did go Elliott calmly side footed the ball into the net, sending Allsberry the wrong way in the process.

That was the last action of the half and Molesey could go into the dressing room with an advantage in both the scoreline and in numbers on the pitch.

The second half started with 15 minutes of the ball staying in or around the midfield with Molesey keeping possession and exploiting their man advantage.

That was until Rob Lewis, who has just returned from a four match suspension, kicked the ball away (having already been booked for the same offense) and received his marching orders leaving the teams level at ten men apiece.

Just two minutes later though and Molesey put together one of the best passing moves that has been seen at Walton Road and James McShane was in the right place to fire home the goal to double the Moles score.

But this seemed to spur the away side on as they pressed for a way back into the game, and they hit back almost immediately with Jack Johnson giving away a free kick on the edge of the area and former Molesey captain, Steve Brown stepped up and powered the ball past Wester Young in the Molesey goal.

The Moles were getting a bit nervous now but continued pressing forwards to try to put the game to bed again.

Five minutes after Browns goal Moses Spencer flashed a header wide of the goal from a corner which signalled the changes from the Moles bench. Arnold Tawonezvi and Joe Pratley-Jones came on to replace Jack Johnson and Darius Heravi.

And Molesey finished the game off with the last action of the game five minutes from time when an excellent Sam Lampard cross found Lewis Ackerman at the back post and Ackerman took the ball down brilliantly before firing home to give the Moles an unassailable 3-1 lead.

Molesey next play against Horley at home on Saturday.