Fires starts in Dorset Road bedroom after over-heated downlight burst into flames

Firefighters extinguished the blaze in Dorset Road on Friday.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze in Dorset Road on Friday.

First published in News Wimbledon Guardian: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

Firefighters were called to a house on Friday evening after a downlight overheated and set on fire.

Mitcham Fire Station was called to the semi-detached house in Dorset Road, Wimbledon, at 7.15pm.

The fire set a pair of bedroom curtains alight before firefighters extinguished it.

Fire damage was contained to the corner of the bedroom.

No-one was injured.

Downlights are light bulbs set in metal cylinders mounted into ceilings which direct beams of light downward.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree