Electrical fault sparks night bus fire in Walpole Road, Wimbledon

Wimbledon Fire Service were called out at roughly 1:45am this morning

Wimbledon Fire Service were called out at roughly 1:45am this morning

First published in News
Last updated
Wimbledon Guardian: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

Firefighters were called out in the early hours of this morning, after a bus went up in flames in a residential street in Wimbledon.

The vehicle was left with roughly 40% damage from the blaze, which started shortly before 1:45am in Walpole Road, Colliers Wood.

Wimbledon Fire Service were called out straight away and the blaze was put out quickly.

It is unclear how many passengers were on the bus but there are no reported injuries.

The fire on the Go-Ahead London service started because of an electrical fault in the engine.

Were you on the bus? Did you see the fire? Call the newsdesk on  0208 722 6336 or email tom.gillespie@london.newsquest.co.uk

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree