Firemen fight blaze in loft conversion

Firefighters were called to the fire in Streatham Road at 11.30pm last night

Firefighters were called to the fire in Streatham Road at 11.30pm last night

First published in News
Last updated
Wimbledon Guardian: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

A family escaped from their home last night after a fire started in their loft conversion.

Firefighters were called to the house in Streatham Road, Mitcham at 11.30pm to reports of a blaze.

The family was at home but managed to get out of the property unharmed.

Fire officers took 20 minutes to extinguish the fire, leaving 30 per cent damage to the loft and smoke damage to the first floor.

Mitcham fire station said the family didn't have a smoke alarm and emphasised the importance of installing them in homes.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree