The mayor of Merton met the much-loved Moomins ahead of a children’s show in Wimbledon this summer.
Councillor Krystal Miller visited the Polka Theatre in The Broadway for a preview of the popular puppets which will be used in the new Moominsummer Madness production.
The performances will include some for children with a range of special needs.
The Polka Theatre is one of the mayor’s chosen charities to raise money and awareness for.
Amanda Cropper, development director at the theatre, said: "We were thrilled that the mayor came to Polka to meet the amazing Moomin puppets.
"We are very grateful to the mayor for supporting these and other aspects of our work."
The visit took place on Monday, April 28.
Moominsummer Madness will be held from Wednesday, June 11 to Saturday, August 16 for ages four years and older.
- What's On: 10 reasons to go out this week in south London
- Inadequate rating for 'understaffed' care home with no toilet roll that houses vulnerable adults in Mitcham
- Dog walker punches man in face in front of family in Wimbledon
- Frail elderly woman left with two-inch gash in head after mugging in Mitcham
- ‘Here you have got misfits, people from all walks of life’ – thriller Alleycats delves into London’s underground world of bike racing