The mayor of Merton met the much-loved Moomins ahead of a children’s show in Wimbledon this summer.
Councillor Krystal Miller visited the Polka Theatre in The Broadway for a preview of the popular puppets which will be used in the new Moominsummer Madness production.
The performances will include some for children with a range of special needs.
The Polka Theatre is one of the mayor’s chosen charities to raise money and awareness for.
Amanda Cropper, development director at the theatre, said: "We were thrilled that the mayor came to Polka to meet the amazing Moomin puppets.
"We are very grateful to the mayor for supporting these and other aspects of our work."
The visit took place on Monday, April 28.
Moominsummer Madness will be held from Wednesday, June 11 to Saturday, August 16 for ages four years and older.
- 'I would love to do it': Patrick Marber tells us The Day Today would 'have some fun' with Brexit
- Wimbledon tennis championships: Metropolitan police reassure tennis fans as annual tournament begins today
- Monday’s weather: A cloudy morning will give way to an afternoon of sunshine across south west London and north Surrey
- Pavement plaques and installed to show visitors The Wimbledon Way
- What's On: 13 reasons to go out this week in south London