The mayor of Merton met the much-loved Moomins ahead of a children’s show in Wimbledon this summer.
Councillor Krystal Miller visited the Polka Theatre in The Broadway for a preview of the popular puppets which will be used in the new Moominsummer Madness production.
The performances will include some for children with a range of special needs.
The Polka Theatre is one of the mayor’s chosen charities to raise money and awareness for.
Amanda Cropper, development director at the theatre, said: "We were thrilled that the mayor came to Polka to meet the amazing Moomin puppets.
"We are very grateful to the mayor for supporting these and other aspects of our work."
The visit took place on Monday, April 28.
Moominsummer Madness will be held from Wednesday, June 11 to Saturday, August 16 for ages four years and older.
- AFC Wimbledon mascot Haydon the Womble to take on Spongebob on Nick Kicks this morning
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Two companies likely to provide waste collection in four boroughs
- Prison officer and inmate's girlfriend smuggle heroin, cannabis and mobile phones into Wandsworth Prison
- World War 1 footage and historic photo exhibition some of the highlights of day dedicated to Merton's heritage