Mayor of Merton meets Moomins ahead of Polka Theatre summer production
The mayor of Merton met the much-loved Moomins ahead of a children’s show in Wimbledon this summer.
Councillor Krystal Miller visited the Polka Theatre in The Broadway for a preview of the popular puppets which will be used in the new Moominsummer Madness production.
The performances will include some for children with a range of special needs.
The Polka Theatre is one of the mayor’s chosen charities to raise money and awareness for.
Amanda Cropper, development director at the theatre, said: "We were thrilled that the mayor came to Polka to meet the amazing Moomin puppets.
"We are very grateful to the mayor for supporting these and other aspects of our work."
The visit took place on Monday, April 28.
Moominsummer Madness will be held from Wednesday, June 11 to Saturday, August 16 for ages four years and older.
- Man arrested for 'threatening to shoot drinking partners'
- Man charged with raping 14-year-old girl in Wandle Park is remanded in custody
- Free school secures funding less than two months before start of term
- Garden centre prepares to close as National Trust indicates takeover
- Council fails to use powers to crack down on empty homes with higher tax
Comments are closed on this article.