The mayor of Merton met the much-loved Moomins ahead of a children’s show in Wimbledon this summer.
Councillor Krystal Miller visited the Polka Theatre in The Broadway for a preview of the popular puppets which will be used in the new Moominsummer Madness production.
The performances will include some for children with a range of special needs.
The Polka Theatre is one of the mayor’s chosen charities to raise money and awareness for.
Amanda Cropper, development director at the theatre, said: "We were thrilled that the mayor came to Polka to meet the amazing Moomin puppets.
"We are very grateful to the mayor for supporting these and other aspects of our work."
The visit took place on Monday, April 28.
Moominsummer Madness will be held from Wednesday, June 11 to Saturday, August 16 for ages four years and older.
- Teenager arrested after reports of man "brandishing a gun in the street" in Mitcham rebailed until June
- London set to be hotter than Ibiza and Istanbul this scorching weekend
- Man stabbed outside Mitcham pub 'over row about football'
- Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Lewis Elwin in Tooting
- Sunny start to the day will give way to cloud and light showers over south London