The mayor of Merton met the much-loved Moomins ahead of a children’s show in Wimbledon this summer.
Councillor Krystal Miller visited the Polka Theatre in The Broadway for a preview of the popular puppets which will be used in the new Moominsummer Madness production.
The performances will include some for children with a range of special needs.
The Polka Theatre is one of the mayor’s chosen charities to raise money and awareness for.
Amanda Cropper, development director at the theatre, said: "We were thrilled that the mayor came to Polka to meet the amazing Moomin puppets.
"We are very grateful to the mayor for supporting these and other aspects of our work."
The visit took place on Monday, April 28.
Moominsummer Madness will be held from Wednesday, June 11 to Saturday, August 16 for ages four years and older.
- Detectives have released this photo of a man they want to speak to about a robbery and assault
- Being a fussy eater inspired love of cooking which took local man all the way to MasterChef final
- Thousands of pounds raised since Friday in memory of hero killed at Old Street station trying to save brother
- Delivery van 'folds up like a pack of cards' in latest bridge crash
- Merton student one of chosen few to join volunteer India trip