A Wimbledon high school has received national recognition for the value it adds to students’ achievements at GCSE level.
Ricards Lodge High School in Lake Road, has qualified for an award by being in the top 20 per cent of schools nationally for progress made by pupils between their key stage two results at primary school and their GCSE results at age 16 years.
Staff from the school will receive their SSAT Educational Outcomes Award at a regional celebration ceremony today.
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home
- Armed police to travel on the Tube for first time since 7/7
- Fewer mentally ill people being locked up in London police cells, figures show
- Christmas joy: Tube and rail workers could walk out at same time in combined strike
- 'Catastrophic': Reaction as Heathrow Airport expansion gets go-ahead with government choosing third runway