At sunrise on May Day morning Green Sleeves Morris Men performed their traditional dance in Wimbledon.
On Thursday, May 1, to mark the start of the summer Morris dancing season, the group performed at the Wimbledon Windmill attended by the Mayor of Merton, Councillor Krystal Miller.
Chris Benson, leader of the troupe, said the dance is a part of “English traditional culture.”
He added: “The first surviving records of Morris dancing in London date from 1448. There has been Morris dancing in this area for hundreds of years.”
More dances are to be performed in Wimbledon on Saturday, May 3 and throughout the summer months.
- 15 young people involved in bloody machete fight in Mitcham that left teenager stabbed
- WATCH: Want a Chewbacca mask like the one in that Facebook video? The Force is not with you ...
- Raynes Park schoolboy's cake sale raises almost £1,300 for Cancer Research UK
- VIDEO: Who's most likely to get rescued when their car breaks down - men or women?
- EXPLAINED: Not got a fracking clue? We've extracted everything you need to know