At sunrise on May Day morning Green Sleeves Morris Men performed their traditional dance in Wimbledon.
On Thursday, May 1, to mark the start of the summer Morris dancing season, the group performed at the Wimbledon Windmill attended by the Mayor of Merton, Councillor Krystal Miller.
Chris Benson, leader of the troupe, said the dance is a part of “English traditional culture.”
He added: “The first surviving records of Morris dancing in London date from 1448. There has been Morris dancing in this area for hundreds of years.”
More dances are to be performed in Wimbledon on Saturday, May 3 and throughout the summer months.
- Red Nose Day 2017: Show us how you're having a laugh for Comic Relief
- Fifth person dies after terror attack at Westminster
- American victim of Wednesday's terror attack named as Kurt Cochran
- COMMENT: Don't say your mum is 'best in the world' - and keep your Mother's Day tributes off social media
- Family of PC Keith Palmer killed in Westminster terror attack pay tribute to 'wonderful dad and husband'