Artists raised hundreds of pounds to help fund a major show in Wimbledon next month.
The Wimbledon Village Fundraising Exhibition and Art Sale collected £600 in sales of artwork at an event where artists donated work to be sold on April 11.
The boost will help stage the Open Studios Art Show being held between May 15 and May 18 at the Wimbledon Art Studios in Riverside Road.
The free exhibition will feature more than 140 artists from all over the world including sculptors, painters and ceramicists who will show off their work.
For more information visit the website.
- Teenager nominated by peers delighted to collect guiding award
- An alpaca got a shave alongside sheep at £2,000 city farm fundraising event
- Terrier-racing, morris dancing and equestrian acrobatics attract thousands to May Bank Holiday country show
- New police team for Wimbledon after Mitcham success
- Merton Civic Awards: Selfless mother who juggles complicated family life nominated by husband