Ale festival continues this weekend in selected Wimbledon pubs
Flavoured ales are taking over the top taps at some of Wimbledon’s oldest pubs as part of a cask ale festival.
The Prince of Wales in Wimbledon town centre and The Swan in Ridgeway, Wimbledon Village, will host four themed weeks to champion selected beers and independent brewers from across the UK.
The Wimbledon pubs are highlighting two stand-out beers.
The first is Aromantica, which has a sweet nutty flavour, with aromas of lime and passion fruit.
The second is Heavenly Blonde, described as packed with zesty, super-refreshing tropical fruits.
Award winners, Dunham Porter and Redemption London’s Hopspur, will also be topping the bill along with two offerings from Marstons that will take over the top taps for the final week.
Edward Cornwell, general manager of the Prince of Wales said: "This year’s festival is completely different from anything that’s come before.
"We’ve split the festival into four distinct weeks to give our guests the chance to taste the best stand-out beers from all across the UK."
Mr Cornwell added they have teamed up with the Society of Independent Brewers.
The festival is being split across four themed weeks. Female Brewer week will run until Sunday, April 27, Award Winning Ales week will begin the next day on Monday, April 28 to Sunday, May 4.
Tap Takeover week will be held from Monday, May 5, to Sunday, May 11. Collaboration Ale week was held earlier this month.
- A 55-year-old man appeared in court charged with possessing extreme pornography and images of a child
- Thousands of pounds raised at rugby sevens tournament for paralysed Wimbledon RFC player Jack Fishwick
- Men appear in court accused of tampering with cash machine in south Wimbledon
- Elderly woman terrified for her life in sheltered accommodation as lift 'intermittently' works
- Rescue dog goes missing on Wimbledon Common
Comments are closed on this article.