A free school set to open in five months time has found a site, but it won't be ready before September 2015.
Park Community Free School hopes to run out of Tyndale House, in Dorset Road, Merton Park, with two reception classes by the start of next year's autumn term.
Parents hoping their children will be able to join reception at the school this year received letters last week advising them to accept a place at an alternative school until a temporary site is found.
A spokeswoman for Chapel St, a Morden-based charity which will run the school, said: "It's great news for us that we have a permanent site but we are not in a position to tell people where the school is going to be for the first year.
"The site is not something we have a decision about, that's the Department for Education.
"I don't know when we are going to find out.
"I know that we were oversubscribed and parents were told about the site because they are the main stake-holders in this."
Tyndale House needs to undergo extensive refurbishment before the school can open on the site.
- STRIKES: Southern rail, Waterloo & City and Central line facing disruption this week
- Don't name streets after people in case they are paedophiles, councils told
- Pub chain will be first to tell drinkers how many calories they are consuming
- Row worsens between Southern and its staff over 'bullying' letter ahead of strike
- WATCH: Fire brigade flip overturned car back upright after crash in Wimbledon