VIDEO: Wimbledon Common shown in all its glory in inspirational short film
Wimbledon Common has been depicted in all its beauty as part of an inspirational short film.
Richard Van Wyk created the video, all shot in a day on the Common, to experiment with different film-making techniques, and overlaid the scenes with messages designed to inspire hope.
Shot earlier in April, from just after 1pm until dusk, the two minute clip centres around the lake as its focal point, with Mr Van Wyk experimenting with colour profiles.
Mr Van Wyk, 29, originally from South Africa, wanted to see how the text, quotes based on his own experience, would come out in the final edit.
The film-maker set up his own business Creative Capture Media with business partner Trevor Donovan, 33, a year ago after packing up his job as a designer in the city to pursue his lifelong dream of being a professional filmmaker.
He said: "I hope it will other inspire people to break with the monotony of the everyday routine and do something different."
The pair previously gained fame when their video of friends wakeboarding with a winch over puddles caused by the flooding in Raynes Park 2012.
The film later went viral and featured on the six o’clock news.
- GCSE results across Merton announced today
- Police hunting for woman after two 'distressing' assaults at underground stations in south west London
- Review: Top Hat dazzles with tap dancing and beautiful costumes at New Wimbledon Theatre
- No-one claims kitten found meowing outside family's home
- Family's long ordeal set to end with son's return following US terror sentence
Comments are closed on this article.