A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- UPDATE: Lorry spillage causes TWO crashes on A23 Purley Way
- Nearly 4,000 patients not registered with new GP ahead of Wilson Health Centre closure
- Miceland: Mitcham supermarket closed after fears 'serious' mouse problem has caused 'significant risk' of food contamination
- Cyclist suffers leg injuries after crash with van in Tooting
- Motorcyclist suffers leg injuries in Sutton Common crash