A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- Three petitions with 1,500 signatures have been collected as people worry about future of adult education
- Weekend trains to Waterloo from Wimbledon Station cancelled for early next year
- New headteacher brought in after sudden departure of Yvonne Norman
- Car wreckage abandoned beside busy Raynes Park road
- Private school crowned best in Britain announces plans to fund bursaries by building schools in China