Royal Surrey Social Club, Morden, swaps illegal poker for snooker under new owner
A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- Missing Mitcham pensioner John Gilgeours found safe and well
- UPDATE: Police confirm woman hit by train was from Wimbledon
- Cyclist who died in Raynes Park collision named as New Malden man
- VIDEO: Student film promoting gender equality broadcast to political leaders at UK's Girl Summit
- Dramatic collapse of Tulisa drugs trial could affect Colliers Wood man Leon Anderson 'stung in dry run' by fake sheikh
Comments are closed on this article.