Royal Surrey Social Club, Morden, swaps illegal poker for snooker under new owner
A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- Free school secures funding less than two months before start of term
- Garden centre prepares to close as National Trust indicates takeover
- Council fails to use powers to crack down on empty homes with higher tax
- Proposal to close hospital's mental health services and cut beds
- Iranian TV firm set to takeover studio where The Bill was produced
Comments are closed on this article.