A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- Stabbing: Teenager hospitalised and two men arrested after "large machete fight"
- Shock hailstones in Merton last night leave residents baffled
- 'Grave concerns' for boy missing with mother for a year as High Court judge issues appeal
- Save Cyril the Fox: Rescue centre claim "friendly" animal may be shot by storage company this afternoon
- Britain's Got Talent: Wayne Woodward makes it through to Saturday's final