A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- Anti-slavery campaigners take to Merton streets to spread their word
- Grandparents the star of a new early years production
- Declan Donnelly turns out to support friends at Barnum theatre show
- Jazz lovers invited to big band concert at arts centre
- Children go bananas for fruit at school event