A social club investigated for hosting illegal poker has come under new ownership.
Rob Frost, 50, who runs The Star Inn, Woking, took over the Royal Surrey Social Club in Morden town centre last December.
An investigation was launched by the Gambling Commission and Merton Council last year following reports of an illegal poker club.
The club has attracted 700 new members since then, with new snooker tables and darts boards installed in the former poker room.
Mr Frost said: "With different managers here we have managed to transform an illegal den into a nice social club."
- All England Tennis Club says it will "ensure safety" at Wimbledon after Manchester bomb attack
- NHS could stop diagnosing child autism in Merton
- LGBT+ club for young people opens up in Merton
- Terror alert raised to critical after Manchester terror attack
- VIDEO: Assault victim in 'critical condition' after being knocked unconscious at Tube station