A car flipped onto its side after crashing into a bell bollard in Wimbledon town centre.
Police were called to Wimbledon Hill Road at the junction with Worple Road at 1.20pm to reports of a collision.
A witness said the car was turning right into Wimbledon Hill Road when it crashed into the bollard.
The male driver was helped from the car by police, but did not suffer serious injuries.
It is understood no other cars were involved in the accident.
Traffic is being diverted from Worple Road near the junction as fire officers remove the car from the road.
Wimbledon Hill Road is closed both ways at Worple Road but was reopened by 4pm.
- 7 unusual family days out in south London and Kent this summer
- Man bailed after arson arrest following fire at elderly woman's home next to nursery
- Man appears in court charged with murder of fellow prison inmate Madala Washington from Wimbledon
- QUIZ: Do you know London as well as a Blue Badge tour guide?
- 'Can I have a Big Mac?' – London Fire Brigade reveals top 10 weirdest 999 calls