A car flipped onto its side after crashing into a bell bollard in Wimbledon town centre.
Police were called to Wimbledon Hill Road at the junction with Worple Road at 1.20pm to reports of a collision.
A witness said the car was turning right into Wimbledon Hill Road when it crashed into the bollard.
The male driver was helped from the car by police, but did not suffer serious injuries.
It is understood no other cars were involved in the accident.
Traffic is being diverted from Worple Road near the junction as fire officers remove the car from the road.
Wimbledon Hill Road is closed both ways at Worple Road but was reopened by 4pm.
- 'It made me angry': Mitcham woman's frustration as grandparents' graves are left overgrown in Lambeth cemetery
- Comedy's finest are heading to south west London for Balham Comedy Festival
- AFC Wimbledon fan raises £32,000 for Prostate Cancer UK after incurable diagnosis
- Bell End and Brown Willy named UK's rudest place names - but does anywhere here make the top 10?
- Hoody-wearing gunman who followed shopper home may have been involved in 'car jacking'