A car flipped onto its side after crashing into a bell bollard in Wimbledon town centre.
Police were called to Wimbledon Hill Road at the junction with Worple Road at 1.20pm to reports of a collision.
A witness said the car was turning right into Wimbledon Hill Road when it crashed into the bollard.
The male driver was helped from the car by police, but did not suffer serious injuries.
It is understood no other cars were involved in the accident.
Traffic is being diverted from Worple Road near the junction as fire officers remove the car from the road.
Wimbledon Hill Road is closed both ways at Worple Road but was reopened by 4pm.
- What you need to know about voting tomorrow
- Merton Civic Awards: Long-standing secretary of residents' association who goes extra mile
- VIDEO: Commuters blocked from Surbiton platform as signalling problem causes 40-minute delays
- Teenager nominated by peers delighted to collect guiding award
- An alpaca got a shave alongside sheep at £2,000 city farm fundraising event