Wimbledon brownies raise hundreds of pounds in charity sale
Brownies are celebrating raising hundreds of pounds for charity by selling baked goods and refreshments.
A tombola and sale of clothes and toys raised £597 for the 25th Wimbledon brownie group to help pay for a coach to their pack holiday in West Sussex.
Tea, homemade cupcakes and scones were among the items sold by the girls at St Mark’s Church Hall, Compton Road, Wimbledon.
Brown Owl Mee-Ling Williams said: "The brownies loved it.
"They loved serving customers even though there weren’t many so they were fighting over people.
"We all enjoyed it, even the leaders."
The event was held on Saturday, March 29.
- Family remember teenager who died in Marchioness Thames tragedy 25 years on
- Motorcyclist in hospital after collision with car this afternoon
- Political spat between rival councillors heats up over solar panel figures
- Man carrying Samurai sword stopped by police who said it was ok
- Brave academic Paul Kohler chased violent burglars after brutal Wimbledon assault
Comments are closed on this article.