Wimbledon brownies raise hundreds of pounds in charity sale
Brownies are celebrating raising hundreds of pounds for charity by selling baked goods and refreshments.
A tombola and sale of clothes and toys raised £597 for the 25th Wimbledon brownie group to help pay for a coach to their pack holiday in West Sussex.
Tea, homemade cupcakes and scones were among the items sold by the girls at St Mark’s Church Hall, Compton Road, Wimbledon.
Brown Owl Mee-Ling Williams said: "The brownies loved it.
"They loved serving customers even though there weren’t many so they were fighting over people.
"We all enjoyed it, even the leaders."
The event was held on Saturday, March 29.
- Thousands celebrate Eid at Baithul Futuh Mosque in Morden
- Man arrested for 'threatening to shoot drinking partners'
- Man charged with raping 14-year-old girl in Wandle Park is remanded in custody
- Free school secures funding less than two months before start of term
- Garden centre prepares to close as National Trust indicates takeover
Comments are closed on this article.