Wimbledon brownies raise hundreds of pounds in charity sale
Brownies are celebrating raising hundreds of pounds for charity by selling baked goods and refreshments.
A tombola and sale of clothes and toys raised £597 for the 25th Wimbledon brownie group to help pay for a coach to their pack holiday in West Sussex.
Tea, homemade cupcakes and scones were among the items sold by the girls at St Mark’s Church Hall, Compton Road, Wimbledon.
Brown Owl Mee-Ling Williams said: "The brownies loved it.
"They loved serving customers even though there weren’t many so they were fighting over people.
"We all enjoyed it, even the leaders."
The event was held on Saturday, March 29.
- Missing Mitcham pensioner John Gilgeours found safe and well
- UPDATE: Police confirm woman hit by train was from Wimbledon
- Cyclist who died in Raynes Park collision named as New Malden man
- Have your say on Wimbledon to Sutton Tramlink extension as four possible routes are revealed
- VIDEO: Student film promoting gender equality broadcast to political leaders at UK's Girl Summit
Comments are closed on this article.