Firearms incident shuts Wimbledon Station - two arrested as police hunt man who fled scene
A firearms incident near to Wimbledon station caused police to temporarily shut down the station.
British Transport Police (BTP) and firearms officers were called the station at 4.27pm on Sunday, April 6.
There are no reports shots were fired or anyone was injured.
Police said two suspects, both 18-years-old, are in custody.
A third man had fled the scene before police arrived and officers are investigating to establish his whereabouts.
Wimbledon station reopened at about 6pm.
- GCSE results day: Nearly all boys at King's College achieve top grades in exams
- GCSE results day: Raynes Park High School claim 'best ever' results
- GCSE results across Merton announced today
- Police hunting for woman after two 'distressing' assaults at underground stations in south west London
- Review: Top Hat dazzles with tap dancing and beautiful costumes at New Wimbledon Theatre
Comments are closed on this article.