Ghanaian independence celebrated with music and food in Merton
The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- 'Takeover will kill studios' - Boss of Wimbledon Studios resigns in row over multi-million pound takeover
- Fire starts in bedroom after over-heated downlight bursts into flames
- 'Appalling' vandalised poppies and litter at Mitcham War Memorial days before First World War centenary
- Water park opens for school summer holidays
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
Comments are closed on this article.