The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Children discover first touch of spring on nature walk
- Harry Potter, princesses and pirates turn out for World Book Day in Merton
- "Did you save my life?" - Biker injured in crash searches for man and doctor who saved him
- Make the most of the sunshine at Piazza market this weekend
- Volunteers sleep rough to put spotlight on Merton homelessness