The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Paddling poop: Popular splash pool closed for two weeks for decontamination after child 'pooed in the pool'
- Putney Bridge underground station closed and evacuated after 'suspicious package' found
- Police appeal to find 14-year-old boy missing from Mitcham for a month
- VIDEO AND PICTURES: Mitcham Common fire may have been caused by discarded cigarette
- Two men re-bailed after machete fight involving 15 young people in Mitcham town centre