The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Three petitions with 1,500 signatures have been collected as people worry about future of adult education
- Weekend trains to Waterloo from Wimbledon Station cancelled for early next year
- New headteacher brought in after sudden departure of Yvonne Norman
- Car wreckage abandoned beside busy Raynes Park road
- Private school crowned best in Britain announces plans to fund bursaries by building schools in China