The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- 'Utterly devoted' boyfriend jailed for accidental killing of pregnant girlfriend
- Life sentences for thugs who beat father-of-two to death in community centre attack
- Man denies serious assault near Wimbledon Common windmill
- Your 2014 guide to fireworks events across Wimbledon and Mitcham
- Ghosts, screaming spirits and hauntings: Which are the most spooky places?