The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Prison officer and inmate's girlfriend smuggle heroin, cannabis and mobile phones into Wandsworth Prison
- World War 1 footage and historic photo exhibition some of the highlights of day dedicated to Merton's heritage
- RESULT! You can now stop cold calls to your mobile with a simple text message
- Man found not guilty of murdering Tooting pensioner, but trial continues
- Traffic: Temporary traffic lights in place due to burst water main in Mitcham