Ghanaian independence celebrated with music and food in Merton
The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- GCSE results in Merton 'record-breaking' in spite of changes to make exams harder
- Doctor who sent racist messages to face fitness-to-practice tribunal over new minor allegation
- Police arrest prolific thief banned from Merton
- Police execute drugs raids and make arrests ahead of Notting Hill Carnival
- Who will be the new members of parliament in Merton? Candidates announced
Comments are closed on this article.