The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Friar Tuck and Little John come to the New Wimbledon Theatre as you've never seen them before
- UPDATE: Teenager fighting for his life after being 'stabbed by group of males' at Rose Hill roundabout in 'serious but stable condition'
- UPDATE: Mother and baby in pram hit by skidding motorcycle as they crossed the road
- My dentist was a convicted unlicensed fraudster says shocked patient
- Community mourns loss of two former councillors who died within a day of each other