The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- What you need to know about voting tomorrow
- Merton Civic Awards: Long-standing secretary of residents' association who goes extra mile
- VIDEO: Commuters blocked from Surbiton platform as signalling problem causes 40-minute delays
- Teenager nominated by peers delighted to collect guiding award
- An alpaca got a shave alongside sheep at £2,000 city farm fundraising event