The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Police make arrest following Mitcham stabbing
- War veteran fears asbestos poisoning after housing association neglect
- After turmoil, hospitals report improved care and plan to balance books at AGM
- Survey finds overwhelming support for Tramlink extension
- Merton's health body to hold first ever public meeting