The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Parks groups worried about plans to outsource parks maintenance, waste and street cleansing to meet council
- Merton Civic Awards: Dedicated AFC Wimbledon volunteer recognised for years of hard work
- Merton given a £5.5m boost to create extra school places
- Interview: Strictly star's UK tour hotfoots it to Wimbledon
- Long-running road works and no car parking damaging business say traders