The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Man, 31, accused of racial abuse at Wimbledon Library in court
- Children's author unveils new school library to excited pupils
- VIDEO: My night in a Y Cube. Could this small home help ease London's homelessness squeeze?
- Disabled woman, 36, housebound over Christmas after thieves steal her mobility scooter
- Two men expose themselves to women in Mitcham street - police appeal for witnesses