The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Calls for council leader who ‘damaged confidence’ in Merton Council to resign
- Tooting woman jailed on terror charge
- A man has been found dead on Mitcham Common
- New database to 'name and shame' dodgy landlords
- Pervert who 'touched himself' on tube jailed