The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Inmate on trial for 'masterminding Scorpion machine gun-running ring' from his prison cell
- Met PC accused of drunkenly brawling with own colleagues as they tried to arrest him
- NHS and school worker evictions halted by Deputy Mayor of London after campaign by Merton Council
- Police seize 'large knife' after dispersing gang outside community centre
- Testing work to start on site of new £11m leisure centre