The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Train strike back ON - dates set for two Network Rail walkouts after pay offer rejected
- Volunteers needed for former dog poo alley planting day
- Andy Murray wannabe hopes to ace three day world tennis record in Wimbledon
- Payback for Traingate: Epsom and St Helier "renegotiating" contract with Deloitte consultants after "super-hospital" leak
- Delays and cancellations on the trains possible until 8pm due to signalling problems