The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Live blog: GCSE results day in Merton and Wandsworth
- London’s burning: Free events to mark 350 years since the Great Fire of London
- VIDEO: Detectives hunt five teenagers after Morden street robbery
- RESULTS DAY: Don't want to do A-levels? There are plenty of other options for life after GCSEs
- Infant daughter of Morden family swept into the sea dies in hospital