The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Do you share your 90th birthday with the Queen? Join the future mayor for afternoon tea
- More strikes planned as talks between Southern and the RMT collapse over future of conductor roles
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish
- UPDATED: Elderly man in hospital after falling under a train at Tooting Broadway station
- UPDATED: SIX people injured as chemical incident closes Wimbledon Leisure Centre and surrounding roads