Ghanaian independence celebrated with music and food in Merton
The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Fraudster gang jailed after 'inside man' at Royal Marsden cancer hospital helped them run £642k scam
- Man charged with murder of Southfields grandmother found strangled
- Touched by an Angel: New pastor welcomed by church community
- Youngsters get creative as part of library reading challenge in Merton
- A 55-year-old man appeared in court charged with possessing extreme pornography and images of a child
Comments are closed on this article.