The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Police investigate football match assault
- You may spot a world-famous author scribbling in a local cafe
- Busy post office to close for refurbishment
- Neighbours and students of under-threat adult education incandescent after rumours of council cuts
- Regeneration boss says housing association 'won't make a penny' from proposed redevelopment - as he admits most new-builds will be for private rent