The Ghanaian community celebrated 57 years of independence from British colonial rule with music, food and dancing.
There was a buffet dinner with traditional Ghanain cuisine, live music from African performers and speeches.
Figges Marsh ward Councillor Agatha Akyigyina organised the event on Saturday, March 15.
Coun Akyigyina said it went really well and it was well attended.
- Sports charity to host free basketball championships and coaching for teenagers
- Conkers a smash hit in striking autumn competition at city farm
- AFC Wimbledon supporters group speaks out after smaller scale greyhound bid unveiled
- Black art workshops aim to inspire youngsters by exploring their heritage
- Poll: Passionate reaction to new greyhound stadium plans - have your say