National industrial action to affect schools on Wednesday March 26.
Parents are urged to check if their child’s school will be open or closed before the strike takes place.
Standing against excessive workload and bureaucracy, performance related pay, and unfair pension changes, members of the National Union of Teachers are set will be striking throughout the day.
In Merton, the current plans are that 14 primary schools will be open as normal, 26 will be partially open, and five will be closed.
Schools will be open as normal again on Thursday March 27.
To find out if your child will be affected, check the up to date list of the closures www.merton.gov.uk/schoolclosures
- Elderly dementia sufferer 'roughly handled' and bruised at care home, report finds
- Womble calls on people to help make Christmas special for boy with cancer
- Police officers chase and catch 'knife-man' as he flees dock
- Young All England Club tennis stars honoured at glitzy awards
- Promising teen singer releases single to raise money for homeless in Merton this Christmas