National industrial action to affect schools on Wednesday March 26.
Parents are urged to check if their child’s school will be open or closed before the strike takes place.
Standing against excessive workload and bureaucracy, performance related pay, and unfair pension changes, members of the National Union of Teachers are set will be striking throughout the day.
In Merton, the current plans are that 14 primary schools will be open as normal, 26 will be partially open, and five will be closed.
Schools will be open as normal again on Thursday March 27.
To find out if your child will be affected, check the up to date list of the closures www.merton.gov.uk/schoolclosures
- Riders take to the saddle in fancy dress to raise tens of thousands of pounds for charity
- Police search for dementia sufferer missing from care home
- Calls for Putney and Wimbledon commons tax refund after boundaries based on 1915 map
- Best bloomin' gardens in the borough named by Merton Council
- Traffic mayhem after two motorcycle accidents in two hours