Strike action will see Merton schools closed
National industrial action to affect schools on Wednesday March 26.
Parents are urged to check if their child’s school will be open or closed before the strike takes place.
Standing against excessive workload and bureaucracy, performance related pay, and unfair pension changes, members of the National Union of Teachers are set will be striking throughout the day.
In Merton, the current plans are that 14 primary schools will be open as normal, 26 will be partially open, and five will be closed.
Schools will be open as normal again on Thursday March 27.
To find out if your child will be affected, check the up to date list of the closures www.merton.gov.uk/schoolclosures
- Thousands celebrate Eid at Baithul Futuh Mosque in Morden
- Man arrested for 'threatening to shoot drinking partners'
- Man charged with raping 14-year-old girl in Wandle Park is remanded in custody
- Free school secures funding less than two months before start of term
- Garden centre prepares to close as National Trust indicates takeover
Comments are closed on this article.