National industrial action to affect schools on Wednesday March 26.
Parents are urged to check if their child’s school will be open or closed before the strike takes place.
Standing against excessive workload and bureaucracy, performance related pay, and unfair pension changes, members of the National Union of Teachers are set will be striking throughout the day.
In Merton, the current plans are that 14 primary schools will be open as normal, 26 will be partially open, and five will be closed.
Schools will be open as normal again on Thursday March 27.
To find out if your child will be affected, check the up to date list of the closures www.merton.gov.uk/schoolclosures
- Sun shines on Morden Hall Park for annual Bank Holiday Country Show
- Husband and wife charged with terrorist fundraising appear in court
- WIN! We’ve got money-can’t-buy X-Men Apocalypse goodies to give away
- Police hunt for green waistcoat-wearing van thief who struck when owner stepped out to check the space he was reversing into
- Sweet success for local bakers at Wimbledon Village Family Fun Day