National industrial action to affect schools on Wednesday March 26.
Parents are urged to check if their child’s school will be open or closed before the strike takes place.
Standing against excessive workload and bureaucracy, performance related pay, and unfair pension changes, members of the National Union of Teachers are set will be striking throughout the day.
In Merton, the current plans are that 14 primary schools will be open as normal, 26 will be partially open, and five will be closed.
Schools will be open as normal again on Thursday March 27.
To find out if your child will be affected, check the up to date list of the closures www.merton.gov.uk/schoolclosures
- Black tie ball to raise money for ovarian cancer charity in memory of late councillor
- Pixie Lott and Strictly's Kristina to conjure up Hollywood's golden age in Wimbledon dance show
- 'Steak knife' pub stabbing - Man, 36, charged with attempted grievous bodily harm
- Met PC denies sexually assaulting and harassing prostitute
- Suspended Merton police chief sacked for "inappropriate behaviour" towards women colleagues