National industrial action to affect schools on Wednesday March 26.
Parents are urged to check if their child’s school will be open or closed before the strike takes place.
Standing against excessive workload and bureaucracy, performance related pay, and unfair pension changes, members of the National Union of Teachers are set will be striking throughout the day.
In Merton, the current plans are that 14 primary schools will be open as normal, 26 will be partially open, and five will be closed.
Schools will be open as normal again on Thursday March 27.
To find out if your child will be affected, check the up to date list of the closures www.merton.gov.uk/schoolclosures
- David Dean suspended from Conservative Party for allegedly saying Sadiq Khan will treat white people "like dirt"
- Kettles, fridges and even frying pans – the innovative smart tech that could simplify our life
- 'I have lost almost a stone in two weeks': Why Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is taking its toll on Lee Mead
- Pack a brolly: Wet and windy start to the day with outbreaks of drizzle throughout the afternoon
- Heathrow anti-expansion campaigners host mock 70th birthday celebrations for the airport