National industrial action to affect schools on Wednesday March 26.
Parents are urged to check if their child’s school will be open or closed before the strike takes place.
Standing against excessive workload and bureaucracy, performance related pay, and unfair pension changes, members of the National Union of Teachers are set will be striking throughout the day.
In Merton, the current plans are that 14 primary schools will be open as normal, 26 will be partially open, and five will be closed.
Schools will be open as normal again on Thursday March 27.
To find out if your child will be affected, check the up to date list of the closures www.merton.gov.uk/schoolclosures
- Petition against plans to privatise parks and waste services attracts hundreds of signatures ahead of public meeting
- Drugs seized in Morden home raids - one man charged
- Man in his 50s treated for head injury after Raynes Park car collision
- Poppy Club gets a make-over as part of Mitcham regeneration
- Manhole fire outside St Helier Hospital forces road closures