National industrial action to affect schools on Wednesday March 26.
Parents are urged to check if their child’s school will be open or closed before the strike takes place.
Standing against excessive workload and bureaucracy, performance related pay, and unfair pension changes, members of the National Union of Teachers are set will be striking throughout the day.
In Merton, the current plans are that 14 primary schools will be open as normal, 26 will be partially open, and five will be closed.
Schools will be open as normal again on Thursday March 27.
To find out if your child will be affected, check the up to date list of the closures www.merton.gov.uk/schoolclosures
- Police make arrest following Mitcham stabbing
- War veteran fears asbestos poisoning after housing association neglect
- After turmoil, hospitals report improved care and plan to balance books at AGM
- Survey finds overwhelming support for Tramlink extension
- Merton's health body to hold first ever public meeting