National industrial action to affect schools on Wednesday March 26.
Parents are urged to check if their child’s school will be open or closed before the strike takes place.
Standing against excessive workload and bureaucracy, performance related pay, and unfair pension changes, members of the National Union of Teachers are set will be striking throughout the day.
In Merton, the current plans are that 14 primary schools will be open as normal, 26 will be partially open, and five will be closed.
Schools will be open as normal again on Thursday March 27.
To find out if your child will be affected, check the up to date list of the closures www.merton.gov.uk/schoolclosures
- Severe weather warning issued for London
- 'We are so in awe of him': Tributes paid to young doctor who raised over £100,000 for charity after cancer diagnosis
- Speeding laws are changing - and the punishments are about to get tougher
- South West services delayed by up to an hour after person hit by train
- Toxic air warnings issued across south London as pollution levels hit 'red alert' once again