National industrial action to affect schools on Wednesday March 26.
Parents are urged to check if their child’s school will be open or closed before the strike takes place.
Standing against excessive workload and bureaucracy, performance related pay, and unfair pension changes, members of the National Union of Teachers are set will be striking throughout the day.
In Merton, the current plans are that 14 primary schools will be open as normal, 26 will be partially open, and five will be closed.
Schools will be open as normal again on Thursday March 27.
To find out if your child will be affected, check the up to date list of the closures www.merton.gov.uk/schoolclosures
- Teenager arrested after reports of man "brandishing a gun in the street" in Mitcham rebailed until June
- London set to be hotter than Ibiza and Istanbul this scorching weekend
- Man stabbed outside Mitcham pub 'over row about football'
- Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Lewis Elwin in Tooting
- Sunny start to the day will give way to cloud and light showers over south London