Pirates, Tinkerbell and Little Red Riding Hood all turned out to celebrate World Book Day at a Wimbledon nursery.
Children aged three and four years old brought their favourite books into Playdays Nursery in Queens Road and dressed up as their favourite characters.
Parents were invited along to read stories in different languages, including German and Japanese, and youngsters took part in an art session to draw their favourite stories on Thursday, March 6.
Deputy manager Amy Warner said: "They really enjoyed it.
"It was something a bit different to do and the children really liked reading their books from home."
Book-related activities were held across the country on Thursday to mark World Book Day.
- Tree measuring 25ft found alight in Morden Hall Park
- "Being recognised in Wimbledon streets is very strange" says MasterChef semi-finalist
- Things to do around Wimbledon this weekend (April 24 to April 24)
- Instrument repairs and 3D printing among new facilities for £4million college expansion
- Japanese drummers to bring thumping bass rhythms to Wimbledon