Pirates, Tinkerbell and Little Red Riding Hood all turned out to celebrate World Book Day at a Wimbledon nursery.
Children aged three and four years old brought their favourite books into Playdays Nursery in Queens Road and dressed up as their favourite characters.
Parents were invited along to read stories in different languages, including German and Japanese, and youngsters took part in an art session to draw their favourite stories on Thursday, March 6.
Deputy manager Amy Warner said: "They really enjoyed it.
"It was something a bit different to do and the children really liked reading their books from home."
Book-related activities were held across the country on Thursday to mark World Book Day.
- Parks groups worried about plans to outsource parks maintenance, waste and street cleansing to meet council
- Merton Civic Awards: Dedicated AFC Wimbledon volunteer recognised for years of hard work
- Merton given a £5.5m boost to create extra school places
- Interview: Strictly star's UK tour hotfoots it to Wimbledon
- Long-running road works and no car parking damaging business say traders