Pirates, Tinkerbell and Little Red Riding Hood all turned out to celebrate World Book Day at a Wimbledon nursery.
Children aged three and four years old brought their favourite books into Playdays Nursery in Queens Road and dressed up as their favourite characters.
Parents were invited along to read stories in different languages, including German and Japanese, and youngsters took part in an art session to draw their favourite stories on Thursday, March 6.
Deputy manager Amy Warner said: "They really enjoyed it.
"It was something a bit different to do and the children really liked reading their books from home."
Book-related activities were held across the country on Thursday to mark World Book Day.
- Wimbledon Guardian thanked by police chief after burglary CCTV appeal success
- AFC Wimbledon fans involved in 'dispute' on train home from match
- Neighbours rally round to stop closure of much-loved coffee shop
- Mitcham man in court after van hijack
- Brothers visit all 270 tube stations in record time to fund holiday for sick children