Pirates, Tinkerbell and Little Red Riding Hood all turned out to celebrate World Book Day at a Wimbledon nursery.
Children aged three and four years old brought their favourite books into Playdays Nursery in Queens Road and dressed up as their favourite characters.
Parents were invited along to read stories in different languages, including German and Japanese, and youngsters took part in an art session to draw their favourite stories on Thursday, March 6.
Deputy manager Amy Warner said: "They really enjoyed it.
"It was something a bit different to do and the children really liked reading their books from home."
Book-related activities were held across the country on Thursday to mark World Book Day.
- Merton Heritage Discovery Day showcases the borough's historic assets
- UPDATE: Woman in her 40s treated for head injury after car pierced by metal barrier
- Thousands of pounds raised in memory of teenager at rugby day
- A child and a man in his seventies were among those seriously injured in collision
- Police want to talk to this woman about bus assault