Pirates, Tinkerbell and Little Red Riding Hood all turned out to celebrate World Book Day at a Wimbledon nursery.
Children aged three and four years old brought their favourite books into Playdays Nursery in Queens Road and dressed up as their favourite characters.
Parents were invited along to read stories in different languages, including German and Japanese, and youngsters took part in an art session to draw their favourite stories on Thursday, March 6.
Deputy manager Amy Warner said: "They really enjoyed it.
"It was something a bit different to do and the children really liked reading their books from home."
Book-related activities were held across the country on Thursday to mark World Book Day.
- 'The funny thing about me is that I actually can't dance', says Michael Jackson tribute artist
- Love Me Tender: Mica Paris to star in brand new Elvis-themed musical
- £130 million for huge school expansion programme
- Sean Heiss murder trial: Hockey star recounts night of next-door neighbour's killing
- Artisan bakery Gail's opens in Wimbledon Village