Pirates, Tinkerbell and Little Red Riding Hood all turned out to celebrate World Book Day at a Wimbledon nursery.
Children aged three and four years old brought their favourite books into Playdays Nursery in Queens Road and dressed up as their favourite characters.
Parents were invited along to read stories in different languages, including German and Japanese, and youngsters took part in an art session to draw their favourite stories on Thursday, March 6.
Deputy manager Amy Warner said: "They really enjoyed it.
"It was something a bit different to do and the children really liked reading their books from home."
Book-related activities were held across the country on Thursday to mark World Book Day.
- Emerging artists to perform one-off show in hair salon
- Police investigating after man found dead on pavement in Wimbledon
- Sprinkling of snow falls in south west London and north Surrey
- Double celebration for world's largest boomerang manufacturer
- Thrill-seeking circus 'will leave you astonished'